SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ISO - bit for Mini Screwdriver Kit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISO - bit for Mini Screwdriver Kit Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
I have this mini screwdriver bit set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I would like to be able to insert 1/4" hex bits, specifically a Philips #2 bit into the screw driver. I have looked quite a bit but can't seem to find a conversion bit. The female hex socket on the screwdriver is 3.5mm. I would like to get a 3.5mm hex male to 1/4" hex female adapter if it exists. A 3.5mm hex male with a #2 Phillips bit or similar would work for me as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1737 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Chapman Mfg. will have what you need. American manufacturer of these sets.

Posts: 2134 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Wiha has a similar "micro bit" system.

If they are the same size (I am not sure that they are), Wiha makes a #2 Phillips micro bit.

https://www.wihatools.com/phillips-micro-bit

Interestingly, Wiha makes a micro bit adapter for 1/4 sockets, and adapters for normal 1/4 drivers to use micro bits, but no adapters for using 1/4 bits with micro drivers.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they are the same size (I am not sure that they are), Wiha makes a #2 Phillips micro bit.

If the picture is accurate then it doesn't look right to me. The bit will likely be bigger than the stem. Thanks for posting, I might reach out to them if I can't find anything else.

Posts: 1737 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
quote:

If the picture is accurate then it doesn't look right to me. The bit will likely be bigger than the stem. Thanks for posting, I might reach out to them if I can't find anything else.

The picture on that page is a 00 Phillips bit. The Wiha micro bits are about half the size of normal 1/4" bits.

I dug a little further and the Wiha micro bits are 4mm, so if you're sure your set is 3.5mm, they won't work.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dug a little further and the Wiha micro bits are 4mm, so if you're sure your set is 3.5mm, they won't work.

I'll check the micrometer when i get home.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe Chapman Mfg. will have what you need. American manufacturer of these sets.

I reached out to them and they do not. Thanks for posting.

Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
xantom, please shrink your avatar image. Thank you.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
please shrink your avatar image. Thank you.

Done.

Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I believe the Husky mini screwdriver is slightly smaller than 4mm. IIRC the bits were pretty loose in my Wiha 4mm driver. Also just checked my Tekton set and they mic'd out at 3.96 MM

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Take one of your bits and weld a 1/4" drive 1/4" socket on it. Voila!!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5692 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take one of your bits and weld a 1/4" drive 1/4" socket on it. Voila!!!

Think I won't? Big Grin

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll check the micrometer when i get home.

There are actually 4mm.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I guess the Wiha Micro Bit #2 Phillips ought to work then.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess the Wiha Micro Bit #2 Phillips ought to work then.

I've reached to them to see. If nothing else I'll see if I can tack a #2 bit onto a 4mm allen key.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately that one is a micro bit not a 1/4" #2.

posted Hide Post
Not sure why the # 2 phillips micro bit in your set does not work on the # 2 phillips screws.
Anyway looks like your best bet is to get the micro to 1/4 " socket adaptor, put a 1/4 " socket on it, and insert the 1/4 " # 2 phillips bit.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
The Phillips bits that came with the set are micro bits and are too small to drive larger screws. I will figure something out, thanks for the help guys!

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I have this mini screwdriver bit set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I would like to be able to insert 1/4" hex bits, specifically a Philips #2 bit into the screw driver. I have looked quite a bit but can't seem to find a conversion bit. The female hex socket on the screwdriver is 3.5mm. I would like to get a 3.5mm hex male to 1/4" hex female adapter if it exists. A 3.5mm hex male with a #2 Phillips bit or similar would work for me as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You only paid $19 for that entire micro set. Trying to find the conversion adapter you are seeking might turn out to be just as, or more, expensive than just buying a 1/4" hex bit handle and a mixed set of bits (phillips, torx, slotted). If all you need is a #2 phillips, then just buying a #2 phillips screwdriver would certainly be cheaper.

The only adapter I've ever seen goes the wrong way for you. It has a 1/4" hex male end and a 4mm hex female end, to be able to use your micro bits in a "regular" driver.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10795 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to find the conversion adapter you are seeking might turn out to be just as, or more, expensive than just buying a 1/4" hex bit handle and a mixed set of bits (phillips, torx, slotted). If all you need is a #2 phillips, then just buying a #2 phillips screwdriver would certainly be cheaper.

Rationalizing things isn't helping me Big Grin No good explanation here, just me going on another wild goose chase.