SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple OS X Help Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple OS X Help Needed Login/Join 
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted
I use a 2014 Mac Mini, OS X Sierra for my music server. Several years ago, Apple eliminated the coverflow feature from iTunes. I really enjoyed the coverflow interface as it would display a large album cover of the music being played on the TV I'm using as a display.

I found a visualizer plug-in for iTunes which will display the large album art. The installation instructions say to drop the downloaded plug-in into the root "Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins" folder. I have a "Library" folder, but no "iTunes" subfolder. Any ideas?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
If it's a .qtz file, try /Library/Compositions

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
This is Library under your home, not the root /Library folder.

Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder...
type "~/Library" (without the quote, the first character is a tilde, to the left of the one key).

This will open a Finder window in the Library folder under your home. In there you should see the iTunes folder.

On most Macs I frequent I drag ~/Library into the sidebar so I can get to it easily.

Posts: 6544 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ that.

And on some versions of the OS, you have to make that folder visible to see it. It used to be visible by default; not any longer.

From the OS X Finder, pull down the “Go” menu and choose “Home”, or otherwise navigate to the the Home directory for an active user account (the Home directory will be your short user name, where Downloads, Desktop, Public, Music, Pictures, etc folders are stored)

Pull down the “View” menu and choose “Show View Options”

Near the bottom of the View Options settings list, check the box for “Show Library Folder”

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Hope the above advice worked... I can't help.

What I do sometimes is set the screen saver to a photo album and let that run.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4135 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Damn, you guys are good! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sigforum strikes again.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
Damn, you guys are good! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sigforum strikes again.

BOSTON!

One of my favorite albums ever, I was just rocking some out today on Pandora (Third Stage) while painting.

Posts: 33980 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post