SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chester Bennington, Singer of Linkin Park Committed Suicide
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chester Bennington, Singer of Linkin Park Committed Suicide Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Damn. Terrible news.

Hybrid Theory will always be one of my all time favorite albums. Life was good when that album came out and even now when I listen to it the songs take me back to a wonderful time in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
He had some serious talent

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I guess brilliant people often have the most persuasive demons.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Their music was hit and miss for me.

On the one hand, I may have been a bit old for them when they came out, and bit to "angsty" for me. But there were some songs I really liked. Some very creative music from the band, and his side projects.

On the other hand, I saw them live as an opening band, and they gave a REALLY good live show. They certainly didn't phone it in, and gave their all on stage. They also sounded pretty much like their albums on stage, which some bands of this style surely don't.

Lastly, he IS a talented singer... Sometimes harder to tell to people who don't like that type of music, but he really is talented. Check the link a couple up for proof.

Sad to see him go, especially at his own hand.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I didn't really care that much for him or his "talent" until I heard him fronting for Stone Temple Pilots and mostly stopped screaming. Worth a listen.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it demonstrates fame and fortune doesn't bring or guarantee happiness.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post