SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Asking my favorite cigar is like asking which of my children I prefer.

My current brands

Tatuaje (almost all there stuff is really good, the 10 th anniversary cigars out now as well as the black label CG are fantastic)

Crowned Heads (Headley Grange and Four Kicks)

La Palina a boutique brand which has a factory in Miami which makes some limited run cigars like the "Goldie" and "Mr Sam". The Mr Sam is the best non Cuban I have ever had.

Monte #4. I have 5 cigars from the Seatle Edge raffle which you were kind enough to donate.

I usually enjoy mine on weekends after the kids have gone to bed. I have either a good beer or Bourbon with my cigar.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than a Liga #9, a good beer and a sunny afternoon on the lawnmower.

Posts: 780 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ok I bought a flor de las antilles tonight.

I asked for something as close to the cohiba siglo iv as possible since I dont have a cuban hookup. I thought the guy was blowing smoke up my ass. Its very comparable. 9 $ also bought a short story for easter.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Monty # 2s, & 4s

Bolivar Petite Coronas

Arturo Fuente Hemingways (Maduro wraps) and 8-5-8s in the varnished box for an everyday stick.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
RyJ Short Churchills
PSD4's
RASS
Oliva V
Brick House
Camacho Triple Maduros
My smoke is at the end of my work day whether at the store or chores at home. When I light up productivity is over. A good cigar is exponentially improved when smoked with someone who also enjoys a good smoke and you can talk about what ever, guns and cigars usually dominate my gang.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don't smoke a lot of 'em, but certainly enjoy them, especially in the warm weather months.

Inexpensive--Te Amo World Selection Series--Cuba Blend;

Avo Classics

Just bought a box of Fuente Best Sellers from the Hemingway line. It's a figurado like the Short Story, but slightly larger. The Short Story is one I buy with some frequency.

Monte Cristo brown label.

Usually prefer robustos or figurados like the AF's above.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Lately my go to cigar is the My Father Le Bijou. I enjoy the Gran Robusto if I have time but mostly smoke the Petit Robusto. Great cigars for the price

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hard to choose...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
I haven't ventured into the high end stuff yet, mostly infused stuff. Right now I like cuban Honeys.

Usually after a long work week when I start my first day off.

I have a Dirt Torpedo I will most likely smoke tonight.

If you are enjoying infused, try a Drew Estates's Acid.

I know there are folks here that enjoy the Acid line, I bought the sampler and could not get thru one. Different smokes for different folks, I have added this thread to my reading list for future cigars to try out. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Because Mustang!
Picture of camshaft86
posted Hide Post
My favorites are the Olivia Nub Series, Partagas 1845, CAO America, any just about anything Alec Bradley puts out.

Sig P228
Sig 1911 Ultra

Posts: 392 | Location: SE TX | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my wineador.

I have some Spanish cedar at my dad's place. I'm planning on making some trays specifically for it.

I went the wineador route because it has a better seal and can maintain temperature and humidity better than a box. Mainly because I live in North Dakota which lacks the ideal cigar temperature and humidity in the winter.

I had an Oliva Serie V yesterday, easily my favorite stick.

The steak was delicious too.

I can't pass an opportunity to mention the Ardbeg committee release that I picked up today. Quite delicious. Sadly the second bottle is for a friend.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will no doubt upset the folks with humidors... I found a ziplock bag last week in the bottom of my sock drawer. Inside were several tins of different cigars. As near as I can recall they must be at least 4 years old. I figured they must be dried-out dirt by now.

I opened a tin of Ashtons and tried one. It was fabulous. I have been waiting to get back home for another one. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact name or I would try to buy one tonight.

Posts: 685 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My current favorite casual smoke is a RP Habano Torpedo. Well made, burns well, medium bodied.

AF Hemingway's are always in my humidor.

I'm also partial to RP Private Cellar right now.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw that this thread has not expired yet, yay!

Just sitting here on day-2 of my Liga Tour -

Feral Pig last night and UF-13 tonight. #9 goes down the hatch tomorrow evening. Dirty Rat will be the final cigar of this multi-night adventure.

I have had all of those. Easily my favorite was the UF13. The Feral Flying Pig was fantastic as well but a bit more mild than I prefer.

I heard that only 1 roller makes the Feral Pig and he is limited to what he can make per day...true?

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4310 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have had the two new releases by My Father the Las Calaveras (Crowned Heads new release) and the My Father la Antiguedad.

The La Antiguedad was awful, bland and tasteless.

The las Calaveras is a good cigar I have had two and will be buying more.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
By the way I will add in regards to liga privadas I had a T52 which had a year of age in a humidor properly stored at 65% - 70% RH.

The cigar lost a lot of flavors and was disappointing. After discussing with others the LPs are meant to be smoked soon after purchase (within 6 mons). I find them two expensive to have such a short shelf life.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
By the way I will add in regards to liga privadas I had a T52 which had a year of age in a humidor properly stored at 65% - 70% RH.

The cigar lost a lot of flavors and was disappointing. After discussing with others the LPs are meant to be smoked soon after purchase (within 6 mons). I find them two expensive to have such a short shelf life.

I had not heard this, but considering how oily the wrappers are, I guess I can see that. Personally I am such a fanboy of the Liga line, they won't last longer than 6 months in my humidor anyway!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

I had not heard this, but considering how oily the wrappers are, I guess I can see that. Personally I am such a fanboy of the Liga line, they won't last longer than 6 months in my humidor anyway!

I have a very low threshold for celebrations so my LP's dont last more than 6 months either. Big Grin

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4310 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Hard to choose...

Welllll hellll....

The little stash in the corner from South of the border...geee those look tasty!

You do mail on those cigars or u got a donkey?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Favorite... Any of the Behike series with a mason jar of Redbreast.

Othewise i do enjoy Ramome Allones and particularly fond of the La Gloria Cubana Casa Del Habana.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post