SIGforum
The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5890052153

July 11, 2014, 07:21 PM
Leemur
The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Sons of Anarchy stick tonight. Surprisingly good.
July 11, 2014, 08:25 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Sons of Anarchy stick tonight. Surprisingly good.

Thanks for the note on that. I bought a box of the Soprano sticks, enjoyed them, but one of the few cigars that did not sit well with me on an empty stomach.
July 11, 2014, 08:28 PM
Ronin1069
Smoking the "Drac" from the Pudgy Monster series tonight, with a glass of Surly Overrated.

We are happy.

ETA - smoked that sucker down to the band. Man that was a good cigar!!!
July 11, 2014, 08:34 PM
GA Gator
I'm debating tonight's smoke, make it a Four Kicks Friday or a 2 year old Tatuaje Fausto Avion 2012

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
July 12, 2014, 10:12 AM
petr
Last night I also smoked a Black Pearl. This cigar was ass backward. It was great in the first half and turned to garbage the second half. It had wonderful flavors and just died out to nothing. Then I returned to an old favorite, My Father Le Bijou petite robusto, to finish up the night. That is still one of my all-time favorites right there!
July 12, 2014, 10:14 AM
petr
Gator, what did you end up setting ablaze last night? Those Avions are tasty regardless of vintage.
July 12, 2014, 10:32 AM
GA Gator
I had a Four Kicks from Crowned Heads. I really like the cigars Crowned Heads are producing now. They remind me of Tatuaje 6 years ago before all the brand spin offs and limited releases. Don't get me wrong I still buy a lot of Tats but I use to smoke them exclusively.

Crowned Heads cigars, Four Kicks, Headly Grange, Las Calaveras, IMHO rival anything coming from Tauaje and My Father. Headly Grange is probably my favorite.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
July 12, 2014, 06:25 PM
petr
I had a Las Calaveras that was fresh and bought another to age. Fresh was good but age I think will make it even better.

Right now I'm smoking a Zombie super shot. Fantastic smoke! Definitely a full bodied cigar.
July 12, 2014, 06:30 PM
petr
http://halfwheel.com/limited-e...rcia-original-maduro

This should be a great stick by Pepin
July 12, 2014, 06:40 PM
Micropterus
Did a CAO Brazilia today. Quickly becoming my favorite.

July 12, 2014, 06:54 PM
petr
Yes, the Brazilia is one of mine as well as is the Camshaft. I just picked one of each up last night. The Brasilia has some nice yellow cello going on.
July 12, 2014, 07:15 PM
Ronin1069
Broke out the good stuff tonight.

Bookers with a 2010 God of Fire -
July 12, 2014, 10:39 PM
JohnV
Just smoked an Oliva V paired with a glass of 1792 Whiskey.

Posted from my iPhone.
July 13, 2014, 06:37 PM
petr
I smoked an Arganese Café Dominicana breakfast blend this morning and enjoyed it more than the Varina Farm breakfast blend. This evening I smoked a CAO America. This was a good cigar with excellent flavors with a medium body. I am still partial to the Brazilia and Camshafts though.
July 13, 2014, 09:47 PM
GA Gator
Chuckie I liked it but I wasn't wowed draw was slightly tight

Chi Chi, get the yayo
July 14, 2014, 05:37 AM
petr
Gator, did you try the Tiff yet?
July 14, 2014, 05:28 PM
petr
After the first deluge for the night, I'm smoking a Flor de la Antillas surveying the property. No damage but creeks are high and fast.
July 14, 2014, 05:45 PM
Ronin1069
GA Gator

What a disappointment on the Tiff. So far my favorite of the box has been "Frank". I'm actually considering getting two more boxes, one for me and one to save as a gift for someone.
July 14, 2014, 05:56 PM
petr
Yes Tiff was not that great in my opinion. I have not smoked any of the others yet except a Chucky.
July 14, 2014, 08:49 PM
GA Gator
I have not had the Tiff and will likely wait. I got the lil monsters and the Jason when it came out so I have had all of them except the Tiff. I got these because the size will be good for late fall early winter when I can sit outside for a short time.

I am looking forward to the TAA release, they are returning to the blend from 2012, which is based on the Tauaje Porkchop blend. You stand find the Porkchop and pork tenderloin if you look and are willing to pay a high premium. I am not that dedicated but it was my favorite TaT of all time. The TAA realse is close a Little milder than I remember the Porkchop. I usually get half a box of the TAA release in Oct.

Chi Chi, get the yayo