SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gnut,

I think I'm more interested in the retail Yeti shop you have in the background!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
gnut.....that's a Romeo y Julieta what? Pic is a little blurry...thanks.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
That's a RyJ Anejados. They are pretty damn amazing.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Gnut,

I think I'm more interested in the retail Yeti shop you have in the background!

I bet those yeti are what he used before he got the Reagan humidor.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
At The Man Cave lounge last night for their 4th anniversary party. Lots of good smokes, and laughs and made some new friends. William Grant and sons had a nice open bar for us to sample. We killed a few bottles, the Flor de cana rum was a surprise to me and really good, if you see the 18yr on the shelf dont hesitate.

These were all someone's personal bottles.

40 yr old scotch is amazing.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Small batch cigars started up their Cigar of The Month club again. 50$ a month, not a bad sampler for the price.

posted Hide Post
RE: Yeti coolers. We do a lot of camping here in NC so we decided to "invest" in some Yeti coolers. They are nice but never had cigars in them, Jay lol.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cigars International has a sale going until 8pm Eastern Time on eight cigars, including Montecristo Churchill Extras at $39.99 for a box of 10.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have Karma'd countless sticks to members of this board, some in celebration of a new job or baby, others in condolences for a personal loss.

2017 has been rough, I've been limited in what I could send out, and felt pretty bad that I was not in a position to do what I used to do.

Between the loss of my job, capped with both my dad and father-in-law passing just weeks apart, it has been a pretty tough year for me.

I've tried to "man up" and be strong for my wife, my kids, and my stepmom. It has not left much for "me". You guys in this thread have helped me get through much of that, and I appreciate it more than you can know.

Throughout this year I have been the recipient of some very kind emails; not to mention outrageous cigar bombs. Thanks to you all for your concern and support this year. I was chatting with gnut and Jay on Facebook today and said that it has long been fascinating to me that both the gun and cigar community, which are a pariah in the eyes of some, are actually among the most generous, giving and good men and women I have ever encountered.

Specifically I need to mention -

- Jeff Yarchin
- Jay
- Furlough
- gnut629

If I missed someone, please forgive me, it was not intentional, but the four listed above have been more than generous with their personal collection of amazing cigars and significantly lifted my spirits. The thought you gentlemen put into your Karma's to me means more than you might ever know.

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Hey John,

You were one of the guys I looked up to when I joined the cigar thread and started taking cigars seriously. Anything I sent your way was not even close to the value that I have gained by you and other members of this thread.

The generosity here is amazing.

In that spirit, I think I should send out some of the H Upmanns I just ordered!

They are the H Upmanns by AJ Fernandez - I have a box of these coming:

I'm thinking that I only need five of those to be happy. Five more are on your way, and ten more are up for the asking. Some of the best cigar bang for your buck I have had in forever.

Oh, and good luck in your new job!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I would encourage anyone that hasn't tried these to take furlough up on his offer, they are pretty damn good smokes.

Congrats again on the job John. Enjoy the smokes.

posted Hide Post
I apologise for not posting here like I used to. I have been working on our kitchen for a month now. Finally going to be laying tile today and setting cabinets this coming week. I have also been battling a head cold for a month. My senses of smell and taste are finally coming back. I didn't even smoke as I couldn't taste it anyway.

John, I, as well as others, have enjoyed your karmas that you have sent out as well. Cigar smokers are more sophisticated than other measly peasants! Lol!! No we have a different bond and a willingness to give and receive. I think it's mostly to see if others have the same enjoyable experience in a great cigar that we have had.

Furlough, those are amazing cigars. The price point, the construction, the flavors are all superb! Anyone who has not had one, jump on this offer!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Again, any of you guys on Facebook, and would like to join the chat group send me an email.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
AHHHHHHH! You guys are so sweet to each other, stop gaying up this thread. Razz

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaanndd there is the sophistication I was talking about! Lol!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Five more are on your way

furlough

Thank you! I should add, I enjoyed those sticks from texas enough that I have place a re-order for a different version from the same company!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Are you saying you found more aged AVOs from somewhere?

posted Hide Post
Furlough, I wouldn't mind trying one. Thanks so much.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Gnut,

Send your shipping info to my profile email. I'll be sending the sticks out on Monday.

And Jay, I think John was talking about some cigars from Bobalu, a company in Austin that rolls their own sticks. I sent out some a while ago.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post