SIGforum
The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5890052153

May 20, 2017, 01:20 PM
Jeff Yarchin
The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
Thanks guys. It's a beaut! I've got all the drawers set and some of the dividers just placed for now. Set-up was a breeze. Put the water in bins in the back-bottom. There are fans that sit right on top and route through the walls and top.

Yes Jay, it temp and humidity controlled and has a demist function in case the doors start to mist up.

I've got each side set right now to 68 degrees temp and 64 RH. And, I've got 4 digital hygrometers set in different places just to get a feel for what the various zones are doing. The top will go higher on RH according to the instructions so I will store sticks that need some aging at higher zones.

Tick tock, tick tock...

I'll get more pics up as things progress. I'm super excited.

Looks great! It would be a good idea to salt test the hygrometers to check calibration.

http://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer
May 20, 2017, 01:22 PM
Jaywendland1981
Enjoying a pdr Flores and Rodriguez Connecticut vallet reserve Azul, long name. While the kids shoot some bb guns.

This had what they call a Connecticut broadleaf rosado wrapper, I am not too impressed for the price, its a decent smoke, some spice and a pepper retro. Has that mineral twang like a broadleaf, but none of cocoa and coffee flavors.

There will be whores, tits and sex.
May 20, 2017, 03:08 PM
Kenpoist
Gnut, it's a Drew Estate event. Got 10 great cigars for $10 (2x as it turns out - there's an after party event at Corona Cogars).

Got a tour of the farm, picked some tobacco, there was a guy hand rolling "farm rolls" - basically all wrapper.

4 Rivers BBQ, lots of drinks, raffles. It was a blast. Well worth the $90 ticket.
May 20, 2017, 03:29 PM
gnut629
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Thanks guys. It's a beaut! I've got all the drawers set and some of the dividers just placed for now. Set-up was a breeze. Put the water in bins in the back-bottom. There are fans that sit right on top and route through the walls and top.

Yes Jay, it temp and humidity controlled and has a demist function in case the doors start to mist up.

I've got each side set right now to 68 degrees temp and 64 RH. And, I've got 4 digital hygrometers set in different places just to get a feel for what the various zones are doing. The top will go higher on RH according to the instructions so I will store sticks that need some aging at higher zones.

Tick tock, tick tock...

I'll get more pics up as things progress. I'm super excited.

Looks great! It would be a good idea to salt test the hygrometers to check calibration.

http://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer

Jeff, does this work on digital hygrometers? I have four placed throughout to see how everything matches up to the digital readers on the cabinet. Those can also be adjusted.
May 20, 2017, 03:36 PM
Jeff Yarchin
It works on all hygrometers but not all are adjustable. You'll know how much you need to compensate on the non-adjustables by the results of the salt test.
May 20, 2017, 03:48 PM
gnut629
Ok thanks. I've done this on analogs before.

BTW, how are things going for you, physically? I think you've been a great inspiration to a lot of folks on this forum.

We are just down the road in Maiden. The wife and I may ride up one weekend to the pet store and say HI Smile
May 20, 2017, 04:24 PM
Jaywendland1981
Here we go.

May 20, 2017, 04:32 PM
GA Gator
Thanks for the reminder Jeff these are great.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
May 20, 2017, 04:45 PM
gnut629
A couple of smokes today...

May 20, 2017, 05:07 PM
Jeff Yarchin
quote:
Ok thanks. I've done this on analogs before.

BTW, how are things going for you, physically? I think you've been a great inspiration to a lot of folks on this forum.

We are just down the road in Maiden. The wife and I may ride up one weekend to the pet store and say HI Smile

Neighbors! Alway welcome a visit from a SF member AND a BOTL!

All is well with me, thanks for asking. Still losing weight but it's much slower than the first month. So far, down 33.
May 20, 2017, 06:26 PM
Jaywendland1981
Ill give a better review when things are less chaotic here. I was busy getting the smoker going and I had the kids running around. The first 3rd of the JG was all cocoa and coffee with a heavy cocoa retro. Got very creamy and peppery as it burned down. With the cocoa getting heavier. The last 3rd was a pepper bomb.

May 20, 2017, 07:30 PM
gnut629
Found this Padilla serie 1968 while digging through my stash. Not sure where I got it so I lit it up.

Wow, what a surprise. Very leathery and creamy and notes of mineral earth. I enjoyed it.

Also, for those that find it tough to neutralize or freshen your cigar breath, I find this to be very useful. I travel to India and found out about it there. Amazon has it.

Will and Duke wanted some too Big Grin

May 20, 2017, 08:18 PM
Kenpoist
Here's the final haul from the Barn Smoker today. These were the smokes that came with the admission (actually we had to pay $10 for the 10 - damn FDA)

1 FSG Robusto
1 FSG Toro
1 FSG Belicoso
1 FSG 6×60
1 FSG Special Blend, 6×52 Box Press
1 Undercrown Box Press Toro
1 Herrera Esteli Miami
1 Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pig
1 Velvet Rat
1 Liga Privada A

The extra A is my buddy's - his Humidor is too small :-)
May 21, 2017, 08:55 AM
Ronin1069
Wondering if you would be willing to work out a deal or trade for the A?

To add: Random observation...I just met the inventor of the Perfect Draw devise on a different forum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 21, 2017, 09:23 AM
Jaywendland1981
People do sell the A quite frequently. With multiple barn smokers going on and both willie and JD out promoting new stuff I've seen quite a few up for sale, might be a bit overpriced, I did see a coffin with 2 get auctioned off for 85$.

May 21, 2017, 01:06 PM
Kenpoist
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Wondering if you would be willing to work out a deal or trade for the A

I think I am going to hang on to it for a while, but if I do decide to trade it away, I'll give you first shot
May 21, 2017, 04:25 PM
gnut629
Pic heavy...

May 21, 2017, 04:27 PM
Jaywendland1981
Got about an hour or so left for the ribs in the smoker.

May 21, 2017, 04:28 PM
Jaywendland1981
Holy shit Gerry! Looks like you have room for more.

May 21, 2017, 04:32 PM
gnut629
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Holy shit Gerry! Looks like you have room for more.

Have you been talking to my wife? Big Grin

That's exactly what she said..."holy shit Gerry" Big Grin