SIGforum
Himalayan Salt Lamp a bunch of hogwash??

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5890003924

August 22, 2017, 10:08 PM
jimmy123x
Himalayan Salt Lamp a bunch of hogwash??
It's a great way to burn your house down, with a really cheap lamp stuck inside of a highly corrosive salt block
August 22, 2017, 10:14 PM
sigmonkey
and the salt is rendered from dehydrated Yak sweat.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
August 22, 2017, 10:24 PM
rusbro
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
the placebo effect can be real.


I don't believe in the placebo effect.
August 22, 2017, 10:31 PM
Gustofer
Nothing but snake oil.


________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
August 22, 2017, 10:37 PM
SteveF
this makes me think - especially about the mention of salt mines & therapy - I should start a salt mine & get people to dig the salt for me - of course they pay for the therapy, get the supposed salt therapy, and get a workout too - could probably find lots of people to pay for the privilege.


Steve
August 23, 2017, 06:31 AM
Deqlyn
Great idea and you can switch to cardboard therapy to package it!


but i think all available saltmines here in the US are claimed!



What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
August 23, 2017, 06:33 AM
BamaJeepster
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
the placebo effect can be real.


I don't believe in the placebo effect.


Big Grin



“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
August 23, 2017, 07:16 AM
Tommydogg
I use the flashlight app on my cell phone.


___________________________
"I Get It Now"

Beth Greene
August 23, 2017, 07:18 AM
florida boy
It's your mind, your body and your money.




I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry
August 23, 2017, 07:28 AM
JimTheo
bought a couple of them bunch of years ago when they were on closeout after Xmas. Nice kind of "look", in a Star Trek kind of way as per Para.



I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either
August 23, 2017, 09:16 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I dunno... I walked past one of those funny pink salt lamps a couple years ago, and I totally haven't died from Ebola, Zika, SARS, or Swine Flu since then.

So I think there's something to it.
It keeps the elephants off your property, too.



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 23, 2017, 09:25 AM
SIG4EVA
I keep one in my bedroom. I look at this way. It's a sweet looking nightlight that may or may not improve health. Who cares as long as they are reasonably priced and you like it.


SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE
P322 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
August 23, 2017, 10:24 AM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I dunno... I walked past one of those funny pink salt lamps a couple years ago, and I totally haven't died from Ebola, Zika, SARS, or Swine Flu since then.

So I think there's something to it.
It keeps the elephants off your property, too.

Smile



Serious about crackers.
August 23, 2017, 10:28 AM
6guns
Looks cool




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
August 23, 2017, 11:36 AM
Crom
I am not really excited about them.

But on the placebo effect: it is a real effect that produces real results. IMO a big portion of everything we think we feel is "the placebo effect" in one form or another.


"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."
August 23, 2017, 11:45 AM
TigerDore
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Nothing but snake oil.

There's salt in snake oil?



.
August 23, 2017, 11:51 AM
darthfuster
Does the light intensity change with its speech cadence? "Ugly bags of mostly water!" (Star Trek Crystalline Entity reference. )



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
August 23, 2017, 11:56 AM
Balzé Halzé
Looks like something Indiana Jones found in the Temple of Doom.


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

August 23, 2017, 11:58 AM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
the placebo effect can be real.


I don't believe in the placebo effect.


Nicely done.




The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 23, 2017, 12:03 PM
TigerDore
A salt lamp, Sig Forum style: