SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SNL from April 1977 hosted by Julian Bond
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SNL from April 1977 hosted by Julian Bond Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
This is the one the civil rights leader said he regretted doing. There is a Skit starting at 7 minutes with he and Garrett Morris discussing standardized tests that was just hilarious.

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I think that one made it to an 8 track "best of" tape my brothers had when I was a kid. Seeing the clip now, it brings home the importance of the visual element to that gag. He did a good job staying straight and not cracking up.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Bad insect 3D fear films. Wink

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Dam - I miss that show. We never missed it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I know the skit without even looking at it. As a matter of fact, all you had to say was 'Julian Bond SNL' and it comes to mind immediately.

Leftists are so uptight these days, they can crack walnuts with their assholes.

I saw this live, like lots of kids my age. I was 15. It's unfortunate I was too young and naive to appreciate how free we were back then.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Garrett Morris was very funny on SNL, great timing.

I remember this episode, it was my first exposure to Tom Waits.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I saw this live, like lots of kids my age. I was 15. It's unfortunate I was too young and naive to appreciate how free we were back then.

I was thinking the same thing. I also watched it live. That, 'take the A-train uptown' line was forever burned into my brain.

I turned 15 two months later.

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When comedy was...comedy.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SNL did some very good stuff. If you're looking for a laugh or two, do a YouTube search "early SNL skits".

Posts: 7556 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
When comedy was...comedy.

So true. I recently re-watched Steve Martin’s “The Jerk” and thought how if that movie came out today it would get blasted, yet it is a great comedy.

I enjoyed SNL as a kid as that is when it was good. Not so much today.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post