SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guitar Pedal Help, Buy or Build?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guitar Pedal Help, Buy or Build? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
That centaur graphic is awesome, but you are a bit stingy with the solder.
They should look like perfect Hershey kisses. Still, I bet it sounds cool, I would buy one.

I’m going to simply say I think this a somewhat silly critique. And no, they should ideally look like shiny, perfectly rounded domes, and if they have a tip to them, your iron isn’t running hot enough or you weren’t moving fast enough. Big Grin

They sound amazing. Mark does damn fine work and I couldn’t be more pleased with the pedal he built me. I’ll post some pics of it tomorrow. It’s easily the coolest looking piece in my signal chain.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
They should look like perfect Hershey kisses. Still, I bet it sounds cool, I would buy one.
This was my second project and I was still using my junky radio shack soldering iron. Couldn't get a great solder joint with that thing. I still use the Klone next to any store-bought pedal on my board. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I’m going to simply say I think this a somewhat silly critique. And no, they should ideally look like shiny, perfectly rounded domes, and if they have a tip to them, your iron isn’t running hot enough or you weren’t moving fast enough. Big Grin

They sound amazing. Mark does damn fine work and I couldn’t be more pleased with the pedal he built me. I’ll post some pics of it tomorrow. It’s easily the coolest looking piece in my signal chain.
You're a kind soul, my friend.

Oh, another thing about solder is that the cheap, lead-free, harbor freight stuff doesn't flow like the good stuff with lead. It also doesn't help that I can't see up close any longer.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post