SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An interesting and benign use of drones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting and benign use of drones Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
This is cool

http://www.pcmag.com/news/3535...erical-drone-display

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's extremely cool. I was thinking it was some sort of projectors on sheer panels at first, but that it's four LED strips that rotate with that level of detail is more impressive to me.

As for other neat uses for drones, I was listening to a radio segment yesterday where they were talking to a research meteorologist who uses drones to drop sensor equipment into tornadoes. With this method, they're getting all kinds of new and interesting data at no risk.

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Needs more Deathstar.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
That was really cool!

Thanks Para!

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I'm not sure I could see an application for this at an Eagles concert, but maybe Lady Gaga would think it was odd enough to suit her needs. How about replacing all those guys handing out flyers on the Strip in Las Vegas with hundreds of these things? The whore houses out there could probably justify this thing.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Very Blade Runner. But I could see where this could get really annoying.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post