SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Pay Cash rolling out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Pay Cash rolling out Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

on iOS 11.2. If you use Apple Pay, I can see this as a good way for SIGforum members to transfer funds for purchases made in the Classifieds, with many other uses too.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
How does this work?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
How does this work?

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
If anyone would like to test this, I would happy to accept "test" donations!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does this work?
Spokane posted a link to a video.

For those of you who, like me, prefer to read printed instructions instead of watching a video, here's a link to the instructions from Apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207886

Jim: you asked "how does this work?" If you meant, how to use it, the above information has the answer.

If you meant "what does it do?" basically you link a credit or debit card to your Apple wallet, then use that to send cash to somebody; the cash will be charged to your card.

Here is a lot more information: https://www.macworld.com/artic...d-what-it-costs.html

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I already have Paypal and I don't trust them one bit. Is Apple better?

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
How does this work?

For those of you who, like me, prefer to read printed instructions instead of watching a video, here's a link to the instructions from Apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207886

Jim: you asked "how does this work?" If you meant, how to use it, the above information has the answer.

If you meant "what does it do?" basically you link a credit or debit card to your Apple wallet, then use that to send cash to somebody; the cash will be charged to your card.

Here is a lot more information: https://www.macworld.com/artic...d-what-it-costs.html

That’s it. I never heard of an Apple wallet, certainly don’t have one.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Been using Paypal for years, never had an issue.

With Apple Pay you store a credit card(s) on your phone. When you use AP each transaction uses a distinct code so the merchant never sees your actual card info. Nothing is foolproof, but def more secure as there's no way for someone to hack the merchant and get your card data.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 690 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:

With Apple Pay you store a credit card(s) on your phone. When you use AP each transaction uses a distinct code so the merchant never sees your actual card info. Nothing is foolproof, but def more secure as there's no way for someone to hack the merchant and get your card data.

Yep, my main concern regarding Paypal is how people can request charge-backs after receiving a sold item. I think Paypal can take back your funds based on a report that is false. Correct? Does Apple Pay have the ability to take back funds?

I have bought and sold on Ebay since 1998 with 100% perfect feedback, but I am still careful on large transactions. On any transaction over 500.00 I request a phone number to "chat" about the deal. If they do not want to talk, the deal is cooked.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I've used Venmo for awhile now without any issues. Although it's mostly when I travel or go out to eat with friends. One person pays with a card and the other just send funds through the app in seconds.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
I've had all sorts of problems with PayPal. My friend is an FFL so I send him money quite a bit, well sometimes I can't send it to him friends and family, and it charges me a fee. From my understanding, PayPal looks at my transactions with him as risky so it won't let me send it for free. It's a PIA, and the fees, while not really high, are around $20 or so.
Apple Pay will eliminate my need for PayPal.

Also, because you don't have to declare what you are sending the money for, there won't ever be an issue with a gun transaction as there is now with PayPal.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:

Yep, my main concern regarding Paypal is how people can request charge-backs after receiving a sold item. I think Paypal can take back your funds based on a report that is false. Correct? Does Apple Pay have the ability to take back funds?

I have bought and sold on Ebay since 1998 with 100% perfect feedback, but I am still careful on large transactions. On any transaction over 500.00 I request a phone number to "chat" about the deal. If they do not want to talk, the deal is cooked.

Right now Apple Pay doesn't have person to person capability, it's a customer/merchant interface. The new Apple Pay Cash will be more like Paypal, and from what I've read when someone sends money it has to be accepted by the receiver, though there's an option to automatically accept payments I believe. Once money has been accepted it cannot be "taken back" from what I understand. But until it's accepted the sender can cancel the transaction. This is all based on what I've read so far I don't have any personal experience using it yet.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 690 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
My world doesn't need to be that fast and I'm sol anyway since I still use a dumb flip phone and have never owned an Apple product. Razz

I don't use paypal much but it has given me no problems. Like an earlier poster, I'm a little leary of their take back policy. That turns me off as a seller on Ebay, too.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
How does this work?

That’s it. I never heard of an Apple wallet, certainly don’t have one.
If you have an iPhone, you have Apple wallet (you might not realize it, but you have it). It's one of the apps that comes with the iPhone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
PayPal sucks, I’m looking forward to this.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7077 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post