SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Phono Carts ... bald1 - Looking for your opinion (or anybody else's)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phono Carts ... bald1 - Looking for your opinion (or anybody else's) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

That looks great. I always wanted a Nak Dragon. Killer deck.

It's sitting on the second shelf up from lower left. Big Grin

Would love to see a snapshot of your system with the tubes glowing in the Cary electronics. That and the SME TT and those speakers too! Smile

My listening area. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Very nice and cozy setup! I emailed you a few pics. I should take a pic with the lights off some time. The tubes look pretty cool all lit up in low light.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice and cozy setup! I emailed you a few pics. I should take a pic with the lights off some time. The tubes look pretty cool all lit up in low light.

Email sent

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Email sent

Can you pls resend? Nothing came over but I was doing some email cleanup and I might have accidentally deleted it. Otherwise I don't know why it didn't show.

posted Hide Post
I recently upgraded from my high output MC Denon DL-110 to a Zu Audio modified Denon DL-103. Definitely hear more detail with the Zu 103 and I'm enjoying the upgrade.

If you get any variant of the DL-103, just make sure you have AT LEAST 60dB of gain in your phono stage. Upgrading from the stock JJ vacuum tubes to new production Mullard tubes in my pre-amp definitely helped kick things up a bit.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Email sent

Can you pls resend? Nothing came over but I was doing some email cleanup and I might have accidentally deleted it. Otherwise I don't know why it didn't show.

LOL Seems we're both having email issues. Might want to look in your spam folder. Recheck my corrected profile please too.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikras:
Definitely hear more detail with the Zu Audio modified DL-103 and I'm enjoying the upgrade.

Zu, SoundSmith, and others really offer some great stylus/cantilever options on worn Denon MC carts. :thumbsup:

USN (RET), COTEP #192

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Email sent

LOL Seems we're both having email issues. Might want to look in your spam folder. Recheck my corrected profile please too.

Sorry, it kicked back. Try to email me from my SF profile? That works fine of late.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try to email me from my SF profile? That works fine of late.

Twice yesterday to your SF email address and again this morning. Still no pix received from you.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Try to email me from my SF profile? That works fine of late.

Twice yesterday to your SF email address and again this morning. Still no pix received from you.

Got your email this AM and replied. Email must be buggy.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
FishOn, thanks for sharing. Impressive!

Back on topic, RIC.45 what's your reaction to what has been posted thus far?

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Very nice setup bald1!! Sorry to disappoint you both - but I went with the Nagaoka MP-150 mm cart.

While my amp phono stage will handle mm and mc (both hi and low output)...I have to remove the cover to switch between them. So my future plans include getting a phono pre-amp capable of easily switching between mm/mc and at least one headshell for a mc cart. Based on what I'm reading probably a Denon.

FishOn, I looked at your system on Audio Asylum...quite nice as well!! I would be interested in seeing some pics too.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1379 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIC.45:
Very nice setup bald1!! Sorry to disappoint you both - but I went with the Nagaoka MP-150 mm cart.

Rick,
No problem. Enjoy! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RIC.45:
So my future plans include getting a phono pre-amp capable of easily switching between mm/mc and at least one headshell for a mc cart. Based on what I'm reading probably a Denon.

Sounds like a great plan. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192