SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth Trading CO Jeans ... Awesome
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading CO Jeans ... Awesome Login/Join 
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Ok, the big question...how many belt loops?

Thanks.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chief1200:
Okay ColoradoHunter: I will take your recommendation and I just ordered a pair. All of their other products I have tried have been superb.

I hope they work out for you!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Diamond Gusset jeans. Many come with inseams up to 38”.
Gusset.com

Posts: 101 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Love duluth, but honestly I bought 2 pairs of the stretch ballroom jeans and they looked like crap after one wash. The developed permanent creases and wrinkles in the legs that no amount of ironing can remove. I might buy one pair of the regular non stretch version and see how those work out.

Yours too????

My regular pairs have not had this issue.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

Thanks.

Seven

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

Thanks.

Seven

Amen. An important detail for some of us Wink

Thanks, Brother Black!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a bit of Christmas money left over, so based on all these recommendations, I’m going to go ahead and place my first order. Will pick up a couple shirt jacs and a couple pairs of jeans.

Question: Should I get the standard Ballroom or the Weekender Ballroom, the latter of which says it has a slightly lighter weight of denim? These jeans will this be used for everyday wear, no manual work, no carpentry, etc., but I also don’t want a pair of jeans that feels like khakis. Does the regular Ballroom jean feel like any other pair of jeans I might get from Costco or Levi’s, etc., or is it a notably heavier denim?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: at-home-daddy,

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
FYI, most of their clothes are made in China.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
My entire wardrobe is just about all DT wear. The only complaint I got is they overuse velcro. I would prefer button down flaps on my shirts and cargo pant pockets with just a flap no buttons or velcro. My wife complains all the time that everything in wash gets caught on the velcro.

Tell her to wash the pants inside out. I think that's what they recommend anyway. I like the velcro, as my EDC gun lives one of the cargo pockets, and I find the access quicker with velcro.

I like the Fire Hose Flex pants. But be warned, the length does shrink a bit.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Forget the the "stetch", just get the fire hose work pants. Plenty of room, durability, lots of loops that you can use, or not. Tons of pockets and other stash places. Practically indestructible. They also make a heavy overshirt over the same fire hose material, good for winter wear. And I also like their current line of sweat pants that are "cargo pants"...sweat pants with a belt and zipper, as well as cargo (and may other) pockets.

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm just about through my second pair of fire hose work pants. Will get another they are great. On the first pair the after about a year the right pocket wore out so bad I couldn't keep anything in it. That is where I carry my keys so the second pair while at work I'd hook my keys to my backpack. Damn if that same pocket wore out in the same manner. The left pocket is fine. Weird.

Posts: 7529 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
How is the tailoring relative to the "fit". Is it superior to say, levis or wrangler jeans in the same "fit" category ? Or are they the type of pants that you just have to try on one after the other until you find one that you get lucky on in terms of quality of fit ? I think better brands have better outcomes along those lines, when you can't try on a pair before you buy. Where do Duluth pants occupy along those lines ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8689 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

...https://www.duluthtrading.com/...aspx?feature=HL86069

Any shrinkage on either waist or inseam?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
My ballroom jeans are my first. I was able to try them on in the store. The material feels thicker and more durable compared to the Wrangler ones I have been wearing. I gave up on Levis as they are thin and were usually too tight in all the wrong places.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

Mine seem to fit just fine after a few times in the wash. I was able to find 37 x 36 inseam which fit really well.

FBLM LGB!

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

My stretch firehose jeans shrink slightly when washed. Putting them on afterwords feels slightly snug, but they stretch right out in a matter of minutes. The denim jeans have stayed true to fit.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Forget the the "stetch", just get the fire hose work pants. Plenty of room, durability, lots of loops that you can use, or not. Tons of pockets and other stash places. Practically indestructible.  

All of that is true of the stretch pants, too. I tried them both on in the store, and just liked the material better in the stretch. Not because it stretches a little bit, but because it does not look as "on the job" coarse.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
They might be fine for midgets, but Duluth Trading does not make anything for us normal size people with 36" inseams.

I couldn't find anything in the online catalog, so I emailed their customer service, who confirmed that the longest inseam they make is 34", which would come up to my ankles. That style hasn't made a comeback yet.

This is your chance to become a trend setter!

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I'm a Costco man.

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I was introduced to the Duluth Trading a couple of years ago. I have an Outlet store 20 minutes away. I usually find a couple of items every time I go to the store. My latest purchase was an Alaskan Ice Fog Down Bibs. I didn't need them, but they were priced at $24.95. These are $324.50 in the catalog. I couldn't pass on that deal.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post