SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Google shadowbans conservative pro-Trump content
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Google shadowbans conservative pro-Trump content Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Link

quote:
These Screenshots Show How Google Shadowbans Conservative And Pro-Trump Content
New membership on my Facebook page has stopped dead. My best YouTube videos cannot be found. All because I posted videos of myself going on Fox News.

Doug Wead

Long article with screenshot pix. Google goes to great lengths to keep people from seeing pro-Trump material.
Do your best to get Google out of your lives!

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bust these corporations up if they are going to play games like this. Antitrust.

Posts: 12729 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Google is just trying to even the play field for Fake News to prosper.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I've been shadowbanned by goole on youtube. For years I made comments with active response patterns. When I began making conservative comments, the response patterns increased exponentially. The overnight.....nothing. It's been three years with no decline in participation by me and literally, no response from anyone else across the web.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Shadowbanning rears its head in other online forums, too, like Reddit and such.

And its the most punk-assed, passive aggressive, horseshit I may have ever seen online. You'll still be a member, can still post things, you can see your comment right there when you read the thread, all the while just thinking you aren't getting much direct feedback, when all along only you and the mods could see your posts.

That's some seriously lame bullshit, and cruel. I'd like to meet the jerkoff who started that and ram them in the taint with a battleship, repeatedly.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Private business are regulated EVERY SINGLE DAY. Maybe it's about time that these businessess are regulated like the utilities they are?

More and more these websites (facebook, twitter, etc) are creeping into the corporate and government worlds and are indeed becoming necessary to conduct business. Just like traditional utilities.

Censorship starts at the platform and will eventually make it to the provider. Can't have a facebook page that is against the left? Wait until you can't have a webpage.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
FB has been doing this to me for about a year now. I have 200+ friends, and I know the ones that regularly comment on anti-leftist postings. The response rate has dropped dramatically, so I PM'd a lot of them directly. They just don't get notifications that I've posted certain things (doesn't show up in their feed). My posts are there, they just won't see them unless they specifically open my page.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Their game. Their rules.

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, maybe not for much longer.

Conservative censorship by tech giants now an issue?

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fwbulldog, I wonder if the same has happened to me. I know for a fact Facebook has me pegged as “very conservative” (They don’t acknowledge libertarians) as it says as much on my FB profile under the advertisement info section.

I’m not a huge fan of censorship. If I ran a social media platform I wouldn’t even censor Islamofascists since knowing their political/religious orientation and general location makes it easier to drop a bomb on their house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bill Maher is one 'liberal' who actually supports free speech:

HBO talk-show host Bill Maher hammered former Michigan Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm after she cheered a recent decision by tech companies to ban Alex Jones and Infowars from their platforms.

Granholm — a far-left CNN commentator and advisor to Media Matters — yelled "thank God!" after Maher brought up how social media companies had kicked Jones off their platforms (after receiving pressure from CNN to do so).

Maher, who noted that Jones had told "crazy lies" about him, responded to Granholm's smirk -- and cheers from the audience -- by saying, "well, if you’re a liberal, you’re supposed to be for free speech."

"That’s free speech for the speech you hate," Maher passionately stated. "That’s what free speech means. We’re losing the thread of the concepts that are important to this country."

"If you care about the real American sh*t or you don’t," Maher continued. "And if you do, it goes for every side. I don’t like Alex Jones, but Alex Jones gets to speak. Everybody gets to speak."

​WATCH:

Bill Maher 8/17/18 slams liberal opponents of free speech:‘I don’t like Alex Jones - gets to speak’

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
It's INCREDIBLE that the alt-left bobble heads around Maher's table even wanted to "mildly" shout him down for viewing his opinion. Maher had a cogent thought, probably the first in YEARS, and his leftist buddies STILL can't understand his point.

I don't care who I am or who is in my presence, I would NEVER say "your mother sucks cocks in hell" with a woman present. Notice I didn't say "lady"...VAST difference!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been banned numerous times now from commenting at ABC, CNN, and ABC.
I am very careful to never use personal insults or profanity, and each time I have been banned I have become even more increasingly careful to not violate any rules. Now it is entirely clear and unquestionable that I have been banned for "voicing the conservative counterargument" to their spin and propaganda.
The question is, What can we do ? There is no "neutral facebook or Google". If I knew of one I would start using it.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post