SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Supreme Court to finally take up a major gun rights case
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supreme Court to finally take up a major gun rights case Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Vowed to bring down the hammer, eh?

Bitch, you recently took another vow, or have you forgotten?

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

agreed, but remember that to most politicians (OK, just about all of them), this is a meaningless statement because they never had any intentions to follow it.

It would be meaningful if there was a penalty for failure to follow - such as immediate removal from office, the loss of a limb and incarceration for 20 years.

Its just hollow words to a politician.

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4065 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Outstanding~!

Bend over and spell RUN!

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
More than just invalidating the concept of "may issue" with regard to carry permits, this decision changes the standard by with Second Amendment cases have to be judged. This will be very good for overturning gun control laws moving forward. See the video below for more details.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it might take to get a lawsuit through the system that declares the ATF an unconstitutional organization and has them charged with as many rights violations as possible.

They can continue to look after tobacco and alcohol as neither are rights but choices.

Seems like a 6-3 decision means a change fir the better.

Also the ATF has rule making authority which should be removed as well. They seem to use rules to write their own laws

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
The governor of my wonderful state has been quoted that she will be exploring ways to circumvent the ruling. I never thought it was possible for me to be more disgusted with her and her party, yet here we are.

I love love love how a politician can literally openly state that they are looking into ways to circumvent the rights of the people. Yet somehow we are the bad guys?

Posts: 3108 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Well, sure. People think I'm exaggerating when I say this, but to a lot of them we aren't actually people. We look, act and talk just like real human beings but, well, we aren't quite human to them.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post