SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spray Butter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spray Butter? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I asked my wife if she wanted me to get anything while I was at the grocery store.

She asked for "spray butter."

I could not find anything like that. I asked one of the supervisors at Publix; he showed me some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and a couple of other margarines, as well as some canola oil spray with butter flavor.

Nope, I'm not looking for a chemistry experiment in a bottle, I want actual butter. You know, the old fashioned stuff that comes from a cow.

Is there such a thing? Real butter in a pump dispenser or squeeze bottle?
Edit: I would even take butter with some sort of additive to keep it liquid enough to spray, pump, or squeeze, as long as it's mostly butter, not a chemistry experiment with butter flavor added to it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30704 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
No it has to be chemically enhanced because butter is solid at fridge temps and it won’t spray out of a spray bottle.

And remember , it’s not what you want, it’s what the wife wants. Maybe ask her which brand she was thinking of? She might have a preference.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Not a spray, those are just flavored oil. We do occasionally use a Land O Lakes squeeze bottle. First ingredient is canola oil, followed by butter Frown

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Sounds awful...not natural

We leave a stick of butter in a covered dish out at room temp all the time. It takes a long time to go bad and weve never had an issue and its always nice and soft ready to spread (except in Winter when we keep house ~68...).

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
She probably wants Can't Believe It's Not Butter. My wife loves that crap.

I can believe it's not butter.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I asked my wife if she wanted me to get anything while I was at the grocery store.

She asked for "spray butter."

I could not find anything like that. I asked one of the supervisors at Publix; he showed me some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and a couple of other margarines, as well as some canola oil spray with butter flavor.

Nope, I'm not looking for a chemistry experiment in a bottle, I want actual butter. You know, the old fashioned stuff that comes from a cow.

Is there such a thing? Real butter in a pump dispenser or squeeze bottle?
Edit: I would even take butter with some sort of additive to keep it liquid enough to spray, pump, or squeeze, as long as it's mostly butter, not a chemistry experiment with butter flavor added to it.

Surely she means PAM spray or something similar. No, there is no spray butter - it will be some vegetable oil and heaven knows what else.

PAM has its uses - it easy to coat a cake pan, etc, especially a complicated shape.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Nope, not looking for PAM, not looking for "Can't Believe."

Looking for the real stuff. Actual butter, not some "butter flavored substance." But, it seems like butter does not exist in a sprayable or pourable form. Who knew?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30704 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Smile She wanted you to leave and not come back until you found the imaginary "spray" butter. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
not come back until you found the imaginary "spray" butter.
My uncle went out for cigarettes in 1979.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that she doesn't realize the spray-on "butter" products aren't actually butter, but rather butter flavored oils, as others have pointed out?

If you ask her straight up whether she wants "I can't believe it's not butter" spray, she might be saying no because she doesn't think she wants fake butter but just doesn't realize that there's no such thing as real, sprayable butter?

Regardless, a french butter dish is your friend. Let's it live at room temperature, so it's always spreadable, but doesn't go bad for a long, long, long time because of the water seal.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it possible that she doesn't realize the spray-on "butter" products aren't actually butte
Nah, we knew that many of these products are fake, but somehow, we had the (erroneous) idea that there was some real stuff available.

We do not use margarine. Real butter only, in the V-Tail house.

We do have one of those water sealed dishes, but spreadable butter is not what we're seeking, for this particular use, we are looking for a spray form, second choice in a liquid form in a squeeze bottle. We now realize that we're not going to find it, so we will figure out how to use regular butter. Might just stick some in the microwave for a few seconds to liquefy it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I've never used it but I found this:

https://biemspray.com/

You put a stick of real butter in and it melts and sprays butter.

Problem solved?

Posts: 261 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
They sell ghee at the grocery store. It is clarified butter, and is in a liquid form. Great stuff...... I use it all the time for cooking as it has a fantastic flavor and a high smoke point.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Exodus:

I've never used it but I found this:

https://biemspray.com/

You put a stick of real butter in and it melts and sprays butter.

Problem solved?
Looks good, except for two problems:
  • There is no stock (sold out), and

• If it were in stock, it would be $129.00 Eek I could buy ten or fifteen rounds of 9mm ammunition for that kind of money! Or maybe one length of 2 x 4. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
She probably wants Can't Believe It's Not Butter. My wife loves that crap.

I can believe it's not butter.

I like it too. Great for restricted diet and you kinda get used to it. It tastes like the butter you get on microwave popcorn.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2411 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I just saw the price V-tail. Good idea, but way too pricey! Looks like Unishot has a good solution.

Posts: 261 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Tell the BEST idea.............would be SPRAY HOT SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post