SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New guy needing advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy needing advice Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here is my CPO Sig P226 9mm. Let me know what you think. I received it and the SN on red box matches that of gun, but it came bone dry. ALso came with a black lock, not blue. No oil or grease on the gun... anywhere. I've also attached photos of a few wear spots, I know the gun is a frankenused gun but is this normal? It almost looks like the paint has chipped on part of the frame rail, beavertail, trigger guard/front grip panel, and magazine well. I can try posting better pics if these aren't good. Let me know if the picture link does not work. Thanks!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/JDxv07d/746d924a

Posts: 25 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you did really well. That pistol looks great. The minor wear marks would only bother me if it were a new gun. On a pre-owned, not at all. Truthfully, I had a hard time seeing them, even after enlarging the pic. Clean it up, lube it and go put some rounds down range with it!

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks very good, since its one of Sigs Classic's and not a tupperwear frame lubrication is important.

Check out this thread

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...30601935/m/908103701

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
I think you did really well. That pistol looks great. The minor wear marks would only bother me if it were a new gun. On a pre-owned, not at all. Truthfully, I had a hard time seeing them, even after enlarging the pic. Clean it up, lube it and go put some rounds down range with it!

Thanks, I took them on the fly. I'll take some better pictures when I get home this evening in some better lighting. I agree about not being much of an issue since its a used. I've just read of people having flaking issues. I took my nail to it and was able to work some of the finish off.

Posts: 25 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also any help is appreciated finding the year for when and where the frame was made. The slide I found 2009 has the year made. The SN on the frame is 47E02XXXX. If you need the last four i'll provide. The slide itself has a few markings. AK 11 and then underneath that 1023. The slide also has a short extractor not the long one. Is there a difference here and if so what? The barrel has nothing other than a SIG SAUER stamp with a C in the corner. I looked at another post showing manufacture info and couldn’t find my frame serial number. Any help is appreciated.