SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Voltaren cream / gel >>>>>>>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voltaren cream / gel >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone used this now that is is available over the counter ?? I recently strained my right tricep muscle and it is aching and painful. I was wondering if this would help relieve the pain so that I can work and sleep. Thank you for reading and any info or experience given or shared. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had it prescribed for joint pain & had it OTC from Mexico - much cheaper there & if the label is to be believed, it's the same stuff.
It is pretty mild & I had 0 noticeable side effects. It won't be immediate relief, but I do believe it helps.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I've used it before for my knee. I think it is for joint pain, not sure how it would work for muscle aches.

Posts: 673 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
I've used it before for my knee. I think it is for joint pain, not sure how it would work for muscle aches.

Years ago when I ruptured my quadriceps muscle my Ortho surgeon gave me the pill form of Voltaren to use for pain management after the surgery and I can say that thing works with killing the pain and knocked me out. I have never used the cream/gel version and recently saw it at Walmart and Target. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Worth a try!

Posts: 673 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another NSAID, that is all. Short term usage. Ibuprofen used to be prescription only. Same family of drugs.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My wife had it prescribed some time back. It really didn't help that much.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I get mine from the VA for arthritis, pretty intense achy pain. Doesn’t do much for me most of the time.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an left achilles heal issue spring up following a minor tear and bone spur. All quiet for a decade and just flamed up. Badly. After a few month I started using it twice a day and it took a few months, but flare up gone. I also use it on my sore right knee and with icing after using my exercise bike. Good stuff but in my experience, it is a long-term care option.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I had the gel prescribed to me 7 years ago for an ankle sprain, and I seem to remember it helped reduce swelling quite well.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That’s good stuff.

Before Voltaren was OTC, I was a drug rep for their competitor Pennsaid 2%. Both are very good actually. Pennsaid is 2% Diclofenac btw.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I was told you can not take too much of it. Because it doesn't hit the organs, just the spot of the issue. I've used it, but haven't noticed it helping too much. Though perhaps it is.

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've used the oral pill for arthritis & severe tennis elbow. Also for small tear in hip labrum. When my hip was acting up. It took me from walking like a pimp to normal in a couple of days.

Not sure about the creme. But the oral stuff is pure magic.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8855 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I purchased a tube of it last night after work at Walgreens so I will try it out today. I asked a friend that is a Pharmacists and she told me that I can use it for muscle strain and that is it like an Advil in cream or gel form. She also told me that I should not apply it on the area and also use any ibuprofen or Aleve as they are similar. However, she did say that I can use and take Tylenol for pain at the same time. God Bless Smile

Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
That’s good stuff.

Before Voltaren was OTC, I was a drug rep for their competitor Pennsaid 2%. Both are very good actually. Pennsaid is 2% Diclofenac btw.

Voltaren OTC in Germany is also 2% instead of 1% in the US; avaialble anywhere in DE and via mail order if you are clever.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post