SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electricians step in please. Water heater wiring, outlets, and conduit question. UPDATE: Whole Cabin being rewired!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electricians step in please. Water heater wiring, outlets, and conduit question. UPDATE: Whole Cabin being rewired!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Tankless heaters do not play well with hard water as was said above, you'd have to flush it out each season or put an inline filter to get the hardness down I'd opt for an inline filter on the water of the canister type, easy to service and replace.

Since it's an occasional use place and you are looking for extra space I'd see no reason not to put in the tankless unit. It's not like you're trying to heat enough water for a family with 4 teenagers.

Glad you're getting the electrical upgraded, while you are at it, have you considered putting solar on the place,

Going to stick with the tank. I changed the cabinet/counter layout and it will tuck fine in the corner.

Kentucky electricity rates are so low I barely spend $100 a year on electricity for the place. Eve with the plan on using it twice as much once the kitchen and bathroom are done there is no way to recoup the cost back or even come close.
If I had the extra money just laying around sure but I don’t.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Getting it completely rewired!!!!!
..... Said he’ll bring it above code.

Good, that is really what is needed.

And what I wanted to do but don’t have the know how or anyone to do it.
He’ll start in 2 weeks and it will take us about 2 weeks to do the wiring and redo the kitchen.
Just in time for me to have weekends off again and we can enjoy the spot as a family.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make some small hot water tanks that are rapid recovery. We use them on yachts and some are as small as 5,8,12 gallons. One person can easily take a normal 30 minute shower with the 8 gallon tank and someone else can take one 10-15 mins later and no issues with hot water. They're pretty compact and 240V (can even get 120V I believe).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post