SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    -OH drinks....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

-OH drinks.... Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I want / need to cut down on -OH consumption. But I do enjoy the taste of wine and beer.

Questions:
1) does -OH actually add to the taste and enjoyment? I'm thinking not. I know that -OH is a byproduct of the process but not sure it really adds to the end taste.

2) Is it possible to make good wines/beers with minimal residual -OH? Or is -OH critical to the taste? There are some scotches that taste very good but I can only drink a shot or so. If they had minimal -OH and tasted the same, I might be close to bankrupt. Smile

2) Are there any decent wines / beer with minimal -OH? I want to enjoy the beverages and taste but limit my -OH intake.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12732 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Erdingder makes a somewhat decent non-alcoholic beer. Not quite as good as the normal stuff, but it's certainly leagues better than the other non-alcoholic beer I've tasted.

https://us.erdinger.de/beer/non-alcoholic.html

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the only NA wine I have seen is basically the cheap stuff, like sutter home, (and the one I tasted was nasty)

as far as beer, Kaliber , brewed by Guinness is supposed to be about the best,
never had one tho

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Clausthaler Golden Amber is one that I have tried and would do again.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
The only NA beer that I've ever thought didn't taste horrible was Clausthaler Premium.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I think that Kaliber, Buckler, Becks, Claustholer, and SP Girl were ok. The Paulaner brand and their Radler are the best, IMO.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
what is -OH and why do you need to cut down? I'm lost here.

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWills:
what is -OH and why do you need to cut down? I'm lost here.
Alcohol.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Oh

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
My personal opinion is what's the point? If there isn't a bit of a buzz involved, give me good cold ice water, good tea, homeade lemonade and a once in a while soft drink. Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Making a list.

I like the taste of beer and wine but health issues are limiting my intake.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12732 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I would get a second or third opinion. Wink

There are no songs about near beer or sparkling grape juice.

Alcohol is part of the palate experience, before it even affects your system.
Like a warm kiss from your lover, w/o it, it's something lesser.

But I like a good root beer too.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post