SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE:Need new Police FIRE scanner
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE:Need new Police FIRE scanner Login/Join 
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I would also use a scanner app. P25 systems can be complicated to scan and can be encrypted. If you invest in a high-end scanner and the agencies decide to encrypt the traffic, your scanner is useless.

This^^^. We went digital a few years ago and it can still be picked up by a savvy user. One of the city radio guys brought his scanner to prove it to us a few months back. Most folks couldn't. We added some encryption to all but our main frequencies for the purposes of accountability. We also simulcast those primary channels on VHF, so people didn't have to buy new scanners.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Mountain Man - Would this unit work for your needs?? If so I will email you and KARMA this to you....It is like new in the box.....Found it sitting in a closet at my moms house when we were cleaning it out after she passed and I do not think she ever used it. Does not look like it has ever had a battery in it and has the antenna and the wall plug also....Let me know with your reply here on this thread first please and then I will email you at your profile email address.....Mark

If Mountain Man doesn't want this, I think it would work for me here in NH. How much do you want for it? I will gladly purchase it.
Thanks-

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45_Auto - You have mail Sir.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just checked my e-mail, nothing from you?? Wonder what happened, I get e-mail from Forum members all the time. It's...TomL45@metrocast.net

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
quote:

Just checked my e-mail, nothing from you?? Wonder what happened, I get e-mail from Forum members all the time. It's...TomL45@metrocast.net

45 - My mistake. I forgot to include the numbers -45- in my previous email attempt....Just sent again

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post