SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kent WA Officer Down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kent WA Officer Down Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
I normally don't share these things:
Kent Police Officer Killed in the line of duty

My wife works for the Kent Police. It sucks because we know both officers that were involved. There's no good answer. They were a tight knit group. It was a rough night. Frown

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I cringed when I saw this earlier. Horrible for all involved.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Former Kent P.D. Officer here,
My thoughts and prayers to the officer's family, friends, and co-workers.
Frown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's awful. Frown

Prayers for all involved. That's my local PD. Just awful. Frown

Posts: 17221 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this... Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Back in my youth, I worked at a very popular night club in Kent WA (Hotspurs) - and we dealt with the Kent PD often. VERY fine and outstanding department - great officers. They really helped us out a number of times.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post