SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My turn for a new printer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My turn for a new printer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
I have several HP Laserjet Pro M477's. Full function Color/BW have had no trouble with any of them. Had for several years now.

I have an HP MFP M479fdw in my office.

It has been absolutely reliable.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
I have several HP Laserjet Pro M477's. Full function Color/BW have had no trouble with any of them. Had for several years now.

I have an HP MFP M479fdw in my office.

It has been absolutely reliable.
I suppose it doesn’t matter much how reliable a printer could possibly be if you can’t buy one.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
When you HP guys say you’ve had no trouble, are you talking hardware AND software/drivers? Brother is the only brand I’ve experienced no driver issues.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Least issues for me = color and b/w Xerox bought direct and a b/w Brother laser. Had some issues with a color Canon and too many issues with HP.

Color increases toner cost significantly. Some will not print black if one color is empty even with a black cartridge.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
… Brother laser. Had some issues with a color Canon and too many issues with HP.
That’s also my experience. Too many issues with Canon, HP and Epson. That’s why I was hoping to stick with brother. I’ll give Xerox a look.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’ve been searching and nothing is available. However, a local shop is selling a Konica Minolta C3351 that I think I’m going to pick up.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The shop delivered my Konica Minolta today. It’s pretty sweet. It makes the home printers that I’ve had in the past look like toys.

posted Hide Post
An older thread but now I need a new printer. As of today, my HP OfficeJet 8600 is now toast. It was a Color/BW, Scan, Copy, Fax, WiFi, all in one monster. I used all the capabilities except the fax and don't really need that going forward.

I'll use this thread to start to review options from HP and Brother. Any updates to this thread appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Dont count out Lexmark.
I worked for a mom and pop pharmaceutical software company and this is all we used.
Would they break? Yes they would but after thousands and thousands of prescriptions being printed out. Most of the issues were from aftermarket toner cartridges being used. I worked on the T620s all the way to the T644 but these probably not what your looking for. They make smaller printers.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I don’t think I’ve ever tried Lexmark brand. Any driver issues or ink cartridges constantly needing cleaning?

After 8 months of having the Konica Minolta everything is still working perfectly and if you’re using a printer for critical business operation, I can highly suggest stepping up to a real business multifunction printer. It’ll cost some loot but in the end you’ll be much more satisfied.

I also bought the local office supplies company’s supply and maintenance plan. They cover toner replacements and maintenance and will deliver a loaner of mine needs repair.