SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heading to Orlando next week - what to do?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to Orlando next week - what to do? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Columbia restaurant in nearby Celebration is excellent. It's spanish/cuban cuisine. We went there with a friend who lives local based on their suggestion. My wife and kids loved it as well. Kennedy is awesome and a very reasonable day trip. We did lunch with an astronaut and that was really cool. LEGOLand was a family favorite as well. If you're a fan it's a great park.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Keys are a LONG way away from Orlando.

People forget how big Florida is North to South.

I did a drive from Miami to the Keys and it was at least 4 hours with traffic (one way). Orlando is going to be 7 plus with traffic.

I'd do the Space Coast if I was in your shoes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Kennedy space center. It’s a FULL day. The basic exhibits - are up where you park. The bus ride takes you to the Apollo exhibits and the actually launch pads. Do not miss this part of Kennedy. Pre pay on line and I think parking is free.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
All, thanks for the food and ideas about attractions. Keep 'em coming.

Got a range date set with V-Tail and plan to hit Kennedy for sure! I'll save the keys for a separate trip. Wink

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3812 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
Probably will rent a car and head to the Keys for a nice day trip. Suggestions?

Do your math on that "day" trip. Florida is big, and some people don't realize that if you left Key West heading towards New Orleans, 17-18 hours later you would STILL be driving in Florida.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Do your math on that "day" trip. Florida is big, and some people don't realize that if you left Key West heading towards New Orleans, 17-18 hours later you would STILL be driving in Florida.

Actually it'd be about 12-13 hours, but still it IS a long time to be in the same state.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6738 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Delmonticos steakhouse. We enjoyed it enough to go back again before we headed home.
Old time gangster theme, waitresses with fishnet nylons...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Medieval Times- dinner and show is definitely worth it, in Orlando.

https://www.medievaltimes.com/...rlando-fl/index.html

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiwimon:
The Polite Pig [which has the most amazing Brussell Sprouts ever had by me and wife even agrees]

You beat me to it. I ate there twice last December when I went to Disney. Great bbq, sides and beer. Was even better that it was part of my Disney Dining plan. But even if it wasn't I would eat there again.

Posts: 619 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Visit Vtail! Cool

Posts: 1828 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

People forget how big Florida is North to South.

Yep. About 12 hours from Miami to Pensacola.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Polite Pig

I recommend eating off property

http://yellowdogeats.com/

Gotha Location, from BBQ to Vegan, outdoor patio, entertainment, good food...

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Visit Vtail! Cool
That's the plan!

Speaking of which, you need to fly in to X04 for a day trip. Bring 45 Cal with you.

We can stick you on a tie-down right next to my hangar. Or if my partner is gone with the Bonanza, as he frequently is, we can stash you in the hangar.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vtail, HOW do you do it? Living down there I mean. I was there a couple of weeks ago. It was 97 degrees with a humidity level of 93 percent everyday. The moment one opens the door to go outside it hit's you. And it didn't seem to get any better the rest of the day. What am I missing other than not having to shovel snow about living there?

Posts: 5749 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Vtail, HOW do you do it? Living down there I mean. I was there a couple of weeks ago. It was 97 degrees with a humidity level of 93 percent everyday. The moment one opens the door to go outside it hit's you. And it didn't seem to get any better the rest of the day. What am I missing other than not having to shovel snow about living there?
Let's see . . . First, you have to dress for it. I can't remember the last time I wore anything other than shorts and T-shirt (shorts and polo shirt for more formal occasions).

I moved here after being based in the Chicago area for about 17 years, and I grew up in the northeast. I guess I prefer shorts and T-shirts to those frigid blustery winters, shoveling snow, scraping ice, putting chains on tires, dealing with weeks or longer when the high temperature does not hit zero.

And all that nice fresh orange juice!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post