SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey, look at me...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, look at me... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Supplies!

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Gravity is a bitch, but it's a law we can live with.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
That's why gravity is a law and not a suggestion!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The fall was no big deal, just the sudden stop.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I decide not to climb out on the ledge I ask myself "What could go wrong?".

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I estimate that he had almost 10 seconds to contemplate his ultimate act of stupidity. About 7 seconds longer than Wyle Coyote usually gets.

Posts: 528 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gracefulness of a cat, wonder if he landed on his feet?

Posts: 882 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
He probably ended up looking like those people who were doing yoga that Tom Cruise dropped in on in Minority Report.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
As Leon Phelps the Ladies Man always says

"Do not blame the Wang... the Wang do what the Wang do..."

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Where was the guy holding his beer?

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I fought the law, and the law won. I fought the law, and the law won.

law of gravity that is.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I actually feel sorry for the guy despite myself. He likely was hanging there for a very long time with the realization dawning on him that he was going to die. Poor dumb bastard.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^I would agree with that. It looked like he realized he couldn't get back up and had resolved to falling, so decided to make as controlled a descent as possible vs. his muscles giving out completely. He tucked his head down and visualized his landing zone. Have to give him credit for keeping his cool knowing the odds of survival.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Geronimoooooo 的!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yo, Tac:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9000044434

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
And so it turned out. Wang’s friends on Wednesday put out an online statement confirming that he had fallen down a skyscraper in Changsha on November 8 and his body was discovered the next day.

So his friends knew of his death but didn't tell anyone until the next day? Dicks...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^^I would agree with that. It looked like he realized he couldn't get back up and had resolved to falling, so decided to make as controlled a descent as possible vs. his muscles giving out completely. He tucked his head down and visualized his landing zone. Have to give him credit for keeping his cool knowing the odds of survival.

I'm with you guys. It's not a risk I would ever take, but while watching, I very much had the feeling he knew he wasn't going to make it back up and the ground was going to have him, so he went.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

As much as he had done in previous efforts, he knew he was done, so he faced it.

Not going to romanticize anything about what he was doing (he died doing what he love pap), as it was still a foolish thing to do with one's life, but he certainly faced it head on, in as much as one can facing death.

Gotta give him respect for that.

As far as what he did to get there, stupid should hurt, even for a splat second.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
In his other video, it looks like he always had something to put his feet on to help climb back up, but not so with this last one. Could be the major miscalculation that did him in....if you don't count climbing over the railing in the first place.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post