SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SHOT Show attendendance getting tougher?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHOT Show attendendance getting tougher? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
I know a few guys who get into SHOT Show saying they work for a local Shop, when they really don't. The LGS Owner allows them to say they work for him.

Seems this year in order to attend , they need to REALLY show proof of employment or the ability to purchase for the LGS.

Wonder if SHOT has gotten complaints about too many attendees who shouldn't be there?

Or the crowds are getting simply too large?

They also mentioned the price to attend had gone up.

Interesting.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
SEMA is like that - they accept business cards.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Trade shows that I register for in other businesses require w-2, business license, or some other real proof that you are really in the business.

Posts: 9535 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Shot show is not a gun show.
It is designed to be for the wholesale/retail market.
Manufacturers/sales reps were spending to much time talking to attendees about their product to find out the person was not a dealer and not placing any orders.
Buyers were getting tired waiting on long lines to place orders with manufacturers/sales because the reps were spending to much time with people that were not able to buy anything.
The NRA show is more for the general public to talk to manufacturers about their new and current products.
I was at the shot show back in 2012 for work and it is huge. It is only 4 days and there is a lot to get done in a short time.
From what I had heard the National Shooting Sports Foundation ( who runs the Shot Show)was getting a lot of complaints.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2574 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good. Regular folks (like me) have no business gumming up a trade show. It's a shame so many folks in our hobby are so inconsiderate NSSF has to make/enforce more rules.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
It's funny that this thread popped up. I'm going this year for the first time. Didn't we have someone from the forum go that was sponsored by the membership? Are they going again this year? I can do some recon for the membership if you like.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5415 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post