SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lions win the the Super Bowl!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lions win the the Super Bowl! Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Ok, not really, but this is as close as they have ever been to doing so.

It’s going to be an interesting season.

Posts: 17900 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Indeed! They started the season off pretty well!

Posts: 4454 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Kudos to the Motor City Kittys! I’m pulling for them this year. May even wear their hat. Camo version of course Wink

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
One of those ‘any given Sunday’ games, the Lions pulled it off.

Posts: 6172 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm a Green Bay guy, so... That said, I'm always happy when Mahomes gets beat, so Nice Going, Lions! Cool

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Guess they need to play all of their games on Thursday now

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37989 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Didn’t watch the game, but I read a bit about it this morning. Apparently when Detroit sent QB, Matthew Stafford to the Rams they got 7 players for him. The Rams won a SB with Stafford, but the Lions got a QB that will play for years to come and several players that put them in position to beat KC last night. Sounds like this was no fluke, Detroit has a good coach and roster and will compete all year.

Posts: 13289 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Best Lions player #19 in red? 4 drops including a tip for a pick 6. Game stats: one catch for 1 yard. Dropped passes that if caught would have extended drives.

Posts: 7465 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If they can keep up this winning streak, they’ll never lose another Super Bowl.

Posts: 10988 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Best Lions player #19 in red? 4 drops including a tip for a pick 6. Game stats: one catch for 1 yard. Dropped passes that if caught would have extended drives.

That is where the sports betting comes into play. You can make a lot of money for people if you can lose a game.

Posts: 1303 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
You can't go undefeated if you don't win the first one. So they are off to a good start. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
And I heard they played the black national anthem before the game.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7955 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
As a Raiders fan I was happy with the result!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3489 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
As a lifelong fan, this makes me happy

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I’m not a pro football fan at all but I have watched so many cheer for the local team for years only to be heartbroken again and again. I’d really like to see the team do well for them.

Posts: 17900 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Lions fans need to act like they've been here before.

And I mean since 1991.

Lions finished strong last year and improved the roster during the offseason. Expect good things.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting game. Not what I expected, but considering the way the Lions ended last season not surprising. I hope they continue, but it’s too early in the season. The troubling fact is you never know which Goff is gonna show up on any given Sunday(and I speak as a Rams fan). He can be great or not so much so.

I hope Detroit fans can have as much to cheer for, for their Lions this year as the did in 1984 for their Tigers.

Posts: 761 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
If they can keep up this winning streak, they’ll never lose another Super Bowl.

Wait . . . <checks math> . . . well, I must say that statement appears to add up. I'll have to bet the kids college fund on them this year.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I also don't follow the NFL but it's my understanding that if you include last season, they've won the last 10 or so games.
If true, I think they should get a little more credit than what many are giving them, particularly the announcers in the game when I was flipping past the game and then watched a little in the first half.
After listening to them for a few min. I surfed on.

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post