Tools
Please delete Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Universe globe:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bill Nye the Science Fly:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That snow globe universe is stunning!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The Devil's Dodecahedron:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, try this one, if you don't mind: "Night sky, November 12-13, 1833"

Phrased exactly that way

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, try this one, if you don't mind: "Night sky, November 12-13, 1833"

Phrased exactly that way

I can't do it that way. Instead I asked ChatGPT to tell me what happened on that date. Once it told me what happened I asked it to write me a prompt describing the night.

"high-resolution, photo-realistic image historical event Leonid meteor storm 1833 intense meteor showers lighting up the sky breathtaking celestial display"

All still sourced using AI, but with aid. The AI can not yet take the context of the events of a certain night just by a date. I could have made a better image if I found pictures of the night online and described it to the AI or used the /describe feature of MidJourney to describe a historical picture to create a prompt from. Instead I just created it using only AI.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Knowledge of man within your hands:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Ozzy Osborne watching SpongeBob Squarepants

Posts: 45383 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These photo-realistic images will be the problem. Any software which will generate these images will have to be registered and contain a unique fingerprint embedded in the images, or in the sidecar data, which cannot be erased, and typing this out right now, I can already think of at least two ways to get around such identifiers, and I'm not even close to an expert in such matters. It may be necessary for every copy of these types of software to either permanently cache all images it generates, or submit them to a central authority, etc. Yes, I realize what I'm saying, and anyone who has a better idea, I'd like to hear it.

My point, in case it's not clear, is that in order to prevent these types of software from being used to create false images which might be used as evidence of a crime of which someone is falsely accused, there must be a foolproof way of ensuring that these images will always be distinguishable from authentic images.

Remember, this technology is in its infant state. Imagine how realistic will be the images being generated, say, ten years from now. This is indescribably dangerous and without a method of identifying generated photo-realistic images from images of actual people, places and things, chaos will ensue.

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
The art work in this thread is amazing. Everyone needs to be aware of the potential benefits and dangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jkRcrM6XKA

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
These photo-realistic images will be the problem. Any software which will generate these images will have to be registered and contain a unique fingerprint embedded in the images, or in the sidecar data, which cannot be erased, and typing this out right now, I can already think of at least two ways to get around such identifiers, and I'm not even close to an expert in such matters. It may be necessary for every copy of these types of software to either permanently cache all images it generates, or submit them to a central authority, etc. Yes, I realize what I'm saying, and anyone who has a better idea, I'd like to hear it.

My point, in case it's not clear, is that in order to prevent these types of software from being used to create false images which might be used as evidence of a crime of which someone is falsely accused, there must be a foolproof way of ensuring that these images will always be distinguishable from authentic images.

Remember, this technology is in its infant state. Imagine how realistic will be the images being generated, say, ten years from now. This is indescribably dangerous and without a method of identifying generated photo-realistic images from images of actual people, places and things, chaos will ensue.

As I'm sure you already know, if the general public can use this technology now, it has been used by the government/military for a much longer time. I've heard stories about it being used in the comments sections of videos/news articles to sway public opinion. This is more than likely just the tip of the iceberg.

I have enjoyed seeing the images created thus far. It's a double-edged sword.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I put the Elon video in the other more appropriate AI thread, but the part @3:30 and the whole of the video was the point of Knowledge of man within your hands. We are entering a extremely dangerous time, it could be the next industrial revolution or the destruction of mankind.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
We are entering a extremely dangerous time, it could be the next industrial revolution or the destruction of mankind.

Most people really don't understand the dangers.

I love the images so keep'em coming. Wink

-- George Orwell

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
The art work in this thread is amazing. Everyone needs to be aware of the potential benefits and dangers.

While I agree they are amazing in various ways, I'm having trouble considering them art... I'm not sure where I am going to land on that one. It seems to me that they can't be considered art if they weren't created by a person... I dunno, I haven't landed anywhere yet, just something that is sticking in my mind.

But bottom line, the technology is terrifying.

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

It seems to me that they can't be considered art if they weren't created by a person....

Just to be clear, I agree with your comments, thumperfbc.

-- George Orwell

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't know the answer to who the author is, AI or the person prompting the machine. If one understands the number of variables involved and the nature of random vs fixed seed, it is more than punching a few commands in. There are so many variables that go into it, each image is a unique creation. If ever one were to put it on the same level as human generated art or even consider it art, maybe you could consider the efforts and creativity put into the prompts? I consider digital art made with Photoshop and other non-AI software to be art.

I have no answer to your posts. I do think it makes visually pleasing things and has the ability to produce thought provoking images. I would say that alone would make it art in my mind. I'm not judging by the method/meaning, but more from the idea/concept/meaning it's conveying.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do think it makes visually pleasing things and has the ability to produce thought provoking images.

I totally agree. I'll continue checking this thread for more images.

quote:
I would say that alone would make it art in my mind. I'm not judging by the method/meaning, but more from the idea/concept/meaning it's conveying.

At this point I can't say I agree, and I can't say I agree that the creation of prompts is on-par with human-generated art... maybe I will someday? Probably not. The reality of images being unique does not equal 'art'. I can create unique works in any format you choose to set in front of me, but, I guarantee they won't be art.... perhaps only in photography can I approach that definition.

In any case, I'll keep checking for images. They have been intriguing for sure, in some cases truly beautiful.

Can art created from prompts you enter then be sold by you? Has this road been traveled yet? Can I spend time inputting prompts until I come up with something that I find perfect and then have it produced physically and hang it on my wall, or does that run afoul of some copyright laws? I have no idea...

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know the answer to who the author is, AI or the person prompting the machine. If one understands the number of variables involved and the nature of random vs fixed seed, it is more than punching a few commands in. There are so many variables that go into it, each image is a unique creation. If ever one were to put it on the same level as human generated art or even consider it art, maybe you could consider the efforts and creativity put into the prompts? I consider digital art made with Photoshop and other non-AI software to be art.

I have no answer to your posts. I do think it makes visually pleasing things and has the ability to produce thought provoking images. I would say that alone would make it art in my mind. I'm not judging by the method/meaning, but more from the idea/concept/meaning it's conveying.

Do you think a person that already has artistic skills will be able to produce higher quality A.I. generated content?

-- George Orwell

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What do you consider higher quality? A higher resolution, move vivid colors? Or would you consider it higher quality if it had more meaning and provoked some kind of thought or emotional response?

I mentioned the Knowledge of man within your hands: it's a pretty picture I think. But it means a little more to me because I knew the thought behind it and what it means to me. Eliciting the proper image to match what I had in my mind wasn't just typing a few words in.

It's a commentary on the fact we have the knowledge of the sum of humanity in our hands, the library of Alexandria on steroids, yet with all that knowledge it might burn us all.

How about a meme made with AI? Could that be considered comedy?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
How long before this is used for pr0n?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post