SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An oldie but goodie for thursday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An oldie but goodie for thursday Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
An OBG (oldie but goodie)

An old farmer is sitting on his front porch early one morning when he sees the neighbor's kid walking up the dirt road. The farmer notices the boy is carrying something. "Hey boy,” the farmer says. “Whatcha got there?"
"This here is some chicken wire. I’m gonna go catch some chickens!”
"You damn fool,” the old farmer replied. “You can't catch chickens with chicken wire.” The boy shrugs and keeps on walking.
Around noon, the boy returns — sure enough, he has about 30 chickens caught in the chicken wire. The old farmer can’t believe his eyes.
The next morning, the old man sees the boy again. He’s carrying something, but it’s not chicken wire. "Hey boy, whatcha got there?” the farmer asks.
"Duct tape. I’m gonna go catch me some ducks."
The farmer recalls yesterday’s events with the chicken wire, but he’s absolutely positive the kid won’t be able to catch ducks with duct tape, so he doubles down: “Listen boy,” the farmer shouts. “You can't catch ducks with duct tape!"
The boy just laughs and keeps walking. After a few hours, the boy returns and he has about 30 ducks wrapped in a long trail of duct tape. The farmer is beside himself. He can’t believe what he’s seeing.
The next morning, the old man sees the boy walking up the dirt road with a bunch of branches under his arms. "Hey boy,” the farmer says, “Watcha got there?"
"This here is pussy willow,”
"Wait up," says the old man. "I'll go get my hat!"

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I was amused. Wife just rolled her eyes at me...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I actually did LOL.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I was amused. Wife just rolled her eyes at me...
My first thought was to go parrot this to my wife but on second thought I think I'll just imagine her eye roll, don't and say I did.

It was funny though. Big Grin

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
But...how did he get the chickens and ducks?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife laughed out at it then, promised to cut down every pussy willow bush in the neighborhood. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they come back with 30 cats?

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post