SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Helmfon and Ostrich Pillow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Helmfon and Ostrich Pillow Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The Ostrich Pillow has been around for a decade. This Spaceballs helmet is newer.

https://www.officeinspiration..../hochu_rayu/helmfon/

https://ostrichpillow.com/prod...ginal-napping-pillow

I love the idea of being able to isolate yourself from people in a place you perhaps don't want to be.

As an added bonus, these things don't make you look like a douche at all...

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an added bonus, these things don't make you look like a douche at all...

Oh, no, not at all …

Posts: 27998 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the fuck.
These are the people that need thinned out of the herd.
I laughed at the people who wore a mask in the car alone, this is on another scale.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Dat a sumo football helmet.. Big Grin

Posts: 17918 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I laughed at the people who wore a mask in the car alone, this is on another scale.
Well, this isn't theater for the masses, as were those masks.

On the Ostrich page, there's a pic of a guy wearing one of these things under a desk. Let's say that you're at work, and for whatever reason, you are unable to leave the office; inclement weather, flooding, or a "shelter in place" order came down. So, you're stuck there with other people who are in the same predicament.

In such a scenario, you would be glad to have one of these head things. Unlike masks, these little cocoons serve an actual purpose.

The Spaceballs helmet, well, that's another story. Unlike the ostrich pillow, you won't be donning one of those helmets on a commercial airliner or any place outside of an office, if for no other reason that these helmets are obviously not easily transportable. The Ostrich Pillow OTOH can be stuffed in a shoulder bag.

The Ostrich people must be doing something right, because they've been in business since at least 2012.

posted Hide Post
They look warm. Are they big sellers in the Northeast with the high price of heating oil?

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, come on. Why bring that stuff into a thread like this? How about a bit of whimsy, with no politics or current events?

Forum content is weighted down with today's world. I post stuff like this in an effort to bring about a balance.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Notice anything? Big Grin

I don't watch South Park, so can someone tell me if there is any significance to those head appliances, other than being emblematic of social trends?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Just in time for the holidays.

Could have used that for Thanksgiving at the in laws.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, have a bit of wine with dinner, let that turkey tryptophan kick in, then put on your cocoon and stretch out on the couch.

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
A perfect compliment to the well-loved Snuggie!

Posts: 6507 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Its Adventure Time!!!

Wait, what are they selling again?

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
A perfect compliment to the well-loved Snuggie!
And if you don't have one of those, you can always just put on your bathrobe backwards. Razz

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The Ostrich Pillow looks like it would work well with my MusiCozy sleep earphones. What other sleep gadgets can I add to my nightly experience?

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Looks like something from an old 1950's Science Fiction movie.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16535 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...or the beginnings of a tapeworm costume for Halloween.

Also, this wouldn't be a bad thing to have with you if you got stranded someplace that's very cold. It's not the first choice, of course. A mad bomber would be my choice for cold weather headgear, but, still...

posted Hide Post
Some days you feel like an ostrich - some days you don't!

Posts: 1627 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, this isn't theater for the masses, as were those masks.

I immediately thought of the days when I have a killer headache. Sure, it's easy to crawl into bed, but with 4 kids and a wife (who isn't particularly stealthy and can sleep through an atomic blast, so probably assumes others can as well), it's hard to get light and noise to an absolute minimum while still being able to breath.

If one of these things could shut out virtually all light and noise, while allowing me to breath, I'd. be in for one in a heartbeat.

What are the side holes for...

Found it:

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
What are the side holes for...
Your hands, believe it or not.

And these thngs aren't entirely soundproof.

Now, the Spaceballs helmet- let's see. If you had a really good recliner, a barcalounger-type thing. You could mount one of these to the headrest so that you could swivel it down or up. You ahve have a half-ass isoltaion chamber. Big Grin

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And these thngs aren't entirely soundproof.

Eeeeh. Nevermind then. I think it's cool that people are working on isolation products though.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post