SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fluid Extractor suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fluid Extractor suggestions? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Not trying to break the bank but want decent quality that has a hand pump and can be hooked to my compressor. Also would like numerous attachments for the dipstick as well as brake calipers.
They ones on Amazon range from $50-$150 and all really look the same and likely are all made in the same Chinese factory.

Only American made one I can find at a reasonable price is AirPower America Topsider but it can’t be hooked up to my compressor nor does it come with any attachments.
Airpower America FloTool 5060TSMI Topsider Extractor Multi-Purpose Vacuum Oil Change Pump for 4-Cycle Engine, ATV, Boat, Large Vehicle https://a.co/d/eB5psgX

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mityvac MV7300 Pneumatic Air Operated Fluid Evacuator and its been great. I have several. This is the air one. They make a hand pump one, but not one that does both afaik.
The country of origin is listed as India FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
You don’t want to hook up a compressor to bleed your brakes…slow and steady wins that race. Motive
Power Bleeder is what I’ve been using for many years and makes.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I bought this Schwaben 6 Liter Fluid Extractor from ECS Tuning...And it's AWESOME! --> https://www.ecstuning.com/b-sc...system/007221sch01a/

I also purchased this Schwaben Dipstick Oil Change Tube Set to go with it, and it works on my '10 Audi S5 and both of my Volvos ('09 S60 & .13 XC70) --> https://www.ecstuning.com/b-sc...be-set/013810sch01a/

I use it for Oil Changes and specifically got this Schwaben Extractor because it will pump out the drain oil instead of having to pour the tall column of oil out of it, risking spills. With the engine warm, I can extract 6 liters of oil and then pump it into my waste oil container in a total of eight minutes! Cool

This Schwaben 3-Liter Multi-functional Filler System is on my list to purchase next --> https://www.ecstuning.com/b-sc...system/007311sch01a/

It will be used for filling duty on a DSG Transmission & Differential fluid change(s), etc in a couple of months. I don't plan to do brake bleeding with this, and have had ZERO luck in the past trying to do so with similar units in the past. Honestly, I get my best results from manually bleeding with a partner running the pedal. Wink

Note: Unfortunately, neither will accept a compressed air from an Air compressor, and they are both Made in China, though they seem to be a definite step up from all those seemingly identical ones you see on Amazon.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
You don’t want to hook up a compressor to bleed your brakes…slow and steady wins that race. Motive

I’ve used a pneumatic brake bleeder for decades now. I had this one from Griots Garage and used to use it for fluid extraction but the damn thing has up and disappeared so I am looking to upgrade. It worked nice slow and smooth.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Mity Vac hand suction bleeder for brake fluid change on my vehicles for years. Just last month I bought an electric suction bleeder to try and it worked great. I just changed the brake fluid in 3 (plus clutch in 2) motorcycles last week and it is much easier with the electric one, just pour more fluid in as the level in the master cylinders drop.
I'm sure the one I bought came from Asia as it was only $50 or so.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
For the oil unit, no experience to offer, for the brakes, Mity Vac hand pump works very well.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:

I’ve used a pneumatic brake bleeder for decades now. I had this one from Griots Garage and used to use it for fluid extraction but the damn thing has up and disappeared so I am looking to upgrade. It worked nice slow and smooth.

I used this two weeks ago on my bike too, but also had Mrs. Lee assisting with the lever and pedal.

This weekend I'll use it on my car with my Motive at the master cylinder. Done it many times. BTW, my first Motive died after too many AZ summers spent stored in the garage. I went to pressurize it one day, while doing Mrs. Lee's brakes and several streams of brake fluid sprayed in all directions, apparently from the clear hose being too brittle from the heat over the years. New one gets stored in the house.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
And nhracecraft just cost me $250. Big Grin

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I have an Orion Motor Tech hand pump brake bleeder. Costs $20. It works. For very occasional home use it is good enough. It had ok reviews compared to other similarly priced units.

For oil extraction I have a Lotyes electric pump. It works, nothing amazing. $22.

I think these are definitely a get-what-you-paid-for item. I use them about once per year each. If I were maintaining several vehicles several times per year, I would have spent the money for better tools.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
For brakes, give a serious look at Speed Bleeders. Their website sucks, but if you give them a call they can usually find the specs for your car.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check Motive Power: https://www.motiveproducts.com/

They may have what you are after.

Posts: 922 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post