SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Folgers Classic Roast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folgers Classic Roast Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Who here drinks Folgers Classic Roast?

Do you prefer it to other coffees?

I asked because I just had a cup and kind of liked it. I've been drinking Peet's Major D or Starbuck's Pikes for the past ten years or more.

As I've gotten older I've come to terms that I like Coors Light and Miller Lite over almost all the craft brews (almost because I love Rogue Dead Guy). Figures that my coffee tastes might be kind of the same.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yes, it beats a lot of fancier boutique blends at a fraction of the cost. Folger's guy from way back.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Yes, it beats a lot of fancier boutique blends at a fraction of the cost. Folger's guy from way back.

Just read something about folgers being the most beneficial of all of the coffees.

Starbucks can blow me for many reason, not the least is their coffee tastes like burned feces.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“It’s Mountain Grown™️, for richer flavor”
Mrs. Olsen

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Yep.
Home, mom’s, work....big jug of Folger’s at each place.

Posts: 6305 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Folgers is all we drink now. Tried all the other brands over the years but always came back to Folgers. We prefer their Colombian blend.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Eight O'Clock Dark Italian Espresso for us.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Folgers Black Silk - Steal a cup before the Drip Finishes and it's Heaven in a Cup.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Costco Kirkland Signature brand Keurig pods.

The Pacific Bold flavor is good stuff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Folgers Black Silk for me.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
We drink 100% Columbian, either Folgers or Maxwell house, doesn't matter which.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Folgers is all we drink now. Tried all the other brands over the years but always came back to Folgers.

+1

-------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the classic roast but I prefer gourmet supreme.
Folgers at home and at work.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Folgers gourmet supreme was my coffee for a long time, got tired of not finding it or out of stock. I switched to Community Coffee dark roast, good stuff

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's all we drink at home and at work. The 1st cup I drank my Mother's and Dad's back in the '60's was Folgers Classic Roast...been drinking it ever since.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
For nearly ten years I’ve made my coffee with a Nespresso Pixie machine. Somewhat like a Keurig, but the pods are hermetically sealed aluminum, rather than plastic. The Nespresso coffees are superb – the best coffee that I’ve ever made in my home. My favorite is Ristretto, a dark roast. Just ordered 400 pods of it yesterday. Not inexpensive, but well worth the cost to me.

Incidentally, “Ristretto” is an Italian name for a style of coffee:

Ristretto – an espresso with less water run through it.

Lungo – an espresso with more water run through it.

Americano – an espresso with hot water added after brewing.

I usually make Lungos, and, less often, Espressos.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mom loved it ,
we buried her ashes in this , 7 years ago ( at her request)

( I kid you not)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I used to drink Classic Roast daily, then one day someone bought a bag of the Dunkin Donuts coffee when the local Kroger was out of CR.

We've never gone back, the DD just tastes better to all of us at the office. Cost is more for sure, but if that's what breaks me, I was probably going down anyhow.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Folger's CR, 40+ years.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I get beans from Amazon.com the Coffee Beans Direct brand in the five pound bag.

I get the Costa Rica Terazu (spelling?)

grinding your own quality beans makes the coffee less acidic.

While I like the taste of some of the Folgers coffee more than two cups upsets my stomach.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post