SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Automotive Question: What is this???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Automotive Question: What is this??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They need little flags on them,
REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

So people don't walk in to them ,
Like trailer hitchs

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Lemme guess, his center (3rd) brake light blinks when he applies the brakes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Lemme guess, his center (3rd) brake light blinks when he applies the brakes.

The Ford dealer I bought my used Flex from put that on the car after I stated my intent to buy at the advertised price and then tried to add $400 for the "added feature" that I didn't request.

I told them thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested. Well, they had already put it in the car so they just lined out the charge and it remains in place to this day.

Guess it wasn't all that expensive for them to source the part.

Posts: 6353 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I only you had a side shot I would bet that car also had Royals Seals on it

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that is from a scene in the current re-make of Ben-Hur. To be renamed Ben-Him or Ben—They/Them where all the gladiators drink Bud Light. Regardless, my guess is they are gladiator inspired.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What could possibly go wrong?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Small Penis compensation idea.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Looks like shit!!!! .... Consider the owner/drivers thinking it looks cool and keeping up with the cool kids. . ..... If not illegal then they should be. .... Just wait for the lawsuits when a pedestrian is clipped below the knees!!! Or other vehicles damaged because of these items be they in traffic or private property (such like parking lots).... Hope they have a good lawyer as well as a good insurance policy. ........................................................... drill sgt.

I totally agree.
I would not want to be on trail for any damage done to somebody or something and have these presented to a jury!

Posts: 4605 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Your dude there is about 6 or 7 years behind the times.
Paul Wall made those things popular for about 6 months around 2015 maybe.
They started in Houston.
They took the idea from the early 80s Cadillac and stretched them like 12”.

Here's your answer five minute fad.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Those revolving fashion statements are starting to be spotted here in the Bay Area, usually in the form of spiked lugnut covers. But those in the OP are way over the top.

Even if made from chromed plastic (though some are actually metal), I can't see how this isn't an unnecessary hazard.

I've seen those years before Covid came. These started appearing after the spinning hubcaps trend.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
These things are known as "slab" car style from the south. Probably Texas.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Av8nShooter:
I believe that is from a scene in the current re-make of Ben-Hur. To be renamed Ben-Him or Ben—They/Them where all the gladiators drink Bud Light. Regardless, my guess is they are gladiator inspired.

You sir win the intwebs today. That made me laugh out loud, I scared my pup! I think you.

As for those monstrosities. They are fucking retarded. I feel kinda bad this idiot thinks they look cool.

ARman

Posts: 3141 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No tight, compact car parking spaces with that set up.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3501 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

I see those on semis all the time.

I've seen something similar on semis, but just made out of rebar. Was told once that they were used in the winter to keep snow from building up in the wheel.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post