SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spring season and allergies >>>>>>>
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring season and allergies >>>>>>> Login/Join 
Picture of bn307
posted Hide Post
Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray USP, 50 mcg per spray. This is the prescription of Flonase my doctor (ENT) has me on. It works well for me, if I take it on a regular schedule of one spray in AM, one spray in PM. Best of luck in your search for a solution.

-------------------------------------
An analog man in a digital world.

Posts: 288 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used Loratadine generic Claritan from Costco for years.

Flonase dries out my membranes and causes me nose bleeds.

My allergies this year seemed worse.

I just bought a home air purifier and for the first time in years, I am not congested.

I would not have believed it could make that kind of difference.

Just something to think about.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Last week I finally went to an allergist after years of sniffling year round. Found out I’m allergic to dust mites, grass, cats and hickory trees. I was given a prescription for Singulair and Allergra D. I have to say I noticed a major improvement. If you have not I highly recommend going and get tested.

I finally went to an allergist too. Found out I’m allergic to pretty much all flora; animals are ok. For a long time (years) I used Nasacort year round and an OTC allergy med as needed. The last couple years, Zyrtec, which I understand is the strongest of the OTC allergy meds. My Allergist also put me on generic Singulair, and it seems to work pretty well.

It’s controversial, but my ophthalmologist didn’t like me using the steroidal nasal spray, because there’s glaucoma in my family. I seem to have escaped the disease, but I quit using it.

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post