SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Indian boy escapes Cobra attack by biting it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indian boy escapes Cobra attack by biting it Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Bizarre: Cobra dies of child bite in Chhattisgarh

Deepak was bitten by a poisonous cobra while he was playing in the backyard of his house on Monday.

Published: 02nd November 2022 06:21 AM | Last Updated: 02nd November 2022 06:21 AM

By Ejaz KaiserExpress News Service

RAIPUR: In a bizarre incident, an eight-year-old boy bit a cobra snake to death after it got wrapped around his hand in remote Pandarpadh village in Jashpur district, about 350 km northeast of Raipur. Deepak was bitten by a poisonous cobra while he was playing in the backyard of his house on Monday.

“The snake got wrapped around my hand and bit me. I was in great pain. As the reptile didn’t budge when I tried to shake it off, I bit it hard twice. It all happened in a flash,” he told the local media.

His family rushed him to a nearby primary health centre. “He was quickly administered anti-snake venom and kept under observation for the entire day and discharged,” said Dr Jems Minj, block medical officer.
“Deepak didn’t show any symptoms and recovered fast owing to the dry bite when the poisonous snake strikes but no venom is released. Such snakebites are painful and may show only local symptoms around the area of bite,” explained Qaiser Hussain, snake expert.

Such cases are rare. “I have never come across such an incident in Jashpur district,” said Ramesh Sharma, a senior journalist. Jashpur is a tribal district, which is also known as Naglok (abode of serpents) because it has over 200 species of snakes, he said.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Didn't they have any Indian-boy-antivenin to administer to the snake? Talk about an unfair fight!

Posts: 6476 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord have mercy! That kid ain’t takin shit from nobody, place or thing!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
He should be able to return to work Monday, We sure need the extended car warranty he sells.
I'll be waiting for his call.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Honey badger don't care....

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chakra Nooris

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Chakra Nooris

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Looks like the snake bit off more then it could chew.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post