SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gutter Guard Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gutter Guard Question Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
If you have the laminar flow type guards -- Clean the gutter guard with soap and water and when dry, apply Pledge furniture polish. It totally fixes the problem you are describing. I have gutter helmet and this works very very well.

If you are describing the mesh screen type, this would not apply.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recommend these

They have comppetely solved my gutter problems. Nothing gets past them. Even in heavy rain, water doesn't go over the top. Easy to install. I dont have pine trees so I cant say how well they would work with needles.

Posts: 621 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I put the Hoover Dam ones on my house, they are shit with pine needles. I had to remove them in spots because water would run over. I get to clean those spots several times a year Roll Eyes

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I wish someone would show me what works for doug fir needles. Lots of needles. Enough needles to fill my gutters in a few months...

Chainsaw?

Can't. Trees are next to "habitat zone"

"Hello, police? I need to report some vandalism. Yeah, some asshole cut down some of my trees while I was on vacation."

Posts: 7442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Update:

I have decided to not get gutter guards for the new gutters on that section. The water velocity is just too much at that spot in a heavy downpour and I watched the rain just run right over the current gutter guard and cascade below this past weekend.

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I have found nothing that works with oak pollen. When wet, it's just a nasty mess that clogs anything.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Update:

I have decided to not get gutter guards for the new gutters on that section. The water velocity is just too much at that spot in a heavy downpour and I watched the rain just run right over the current gutter guard and cascade below this past weekend.

Probably a smart move, you could get someone to remove the guards and see how well the current configuration performs, if it's still unable to handle the volume then replace it with a wider gutter would be my move.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
This is a good thread where everyone is sharing their experiences. I am planning to get my gutters replaced soon.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post