SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Online Inventory Rant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online Inventory Rant Login/Join 
posted
It seems to be common practice now for online retailers to list inventory that has long been sold out or not available any longer. Why is it so hard to remove items that are no longer in stock....particularly used lots of guns that they dont have any idea if they will be available again. It's so time consuming to sift through these websites and and learn that items arent available until you click them and read the status. Maybe it's a trivial rant, but it's constant now.

Posts: 756 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Caused me to give up on ‘Optics Planet’.

Here’s one that worked the other way. Looking at the Starline site they listed some brass I was interested in. At the time it showed ‘out of stock, backorder ok’.

Since I wasn’t in a hurry I ordered, it was out of stock anywhere I looked(7.62x39). Low & behold the next day I get a FedEx tracking number, here it comes.

It arrived just fine, maybe they were holding a bit back?

Posts: 6194 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
It seems to be common practice now for online retailers to list inventory that has long been sold out or not available any longer. Why is it so hard to remove items that are no longer in stock....particularly used lots of guns that they dont have any idea if they will be available again. It's so time consuming to sift through these websites and and learn that items arent available until you click them and read the status. Maybe it's a trivial rant, but it's constant now.

This was ranted about recently: maybe in the "What's your Deal" forum. AT LEAST they told you it was unavailable BEFORE you completed the purchase!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha yeah that! I had some pool equipment damage from the big Texas freeze. Not surprisingly between wu tang flu and the freeze parts are hard to come by. One part I needed was out of stock at the usual places, and ebay prices were 3 to 4 times retail so wasn't doing that. Finally got a hit on a pool store in CO, and the website clearly said "in stock and ready to ship!" So I pulled the trigger, and sure enough a day or two later got the email that they were sold out and had no estimate for restock. I really wanted to send an epic rant response, but I was cordial though obviously not happy. They did give me a 5% off coupon for my trouble, woohoo! Needless to say I won't be using it.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post