SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama playing dictator-in-exile from a kingly south of France palace?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama playing dictator-in-exile from a kingly south of France palace? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
June 16, 2019

Obama playing dictator-in-exile from a kingly south of France palace?

President Obama is living the life of a former king, vacationing these days at a palatial estate in the south of France. At what point has he made enough? Silly us for asking.

Daily Mail has a report with a lot of photographs:

Former US president Barack Obama and his family arrived in Avignon in the south of France for a week's holiday just days after they were pictured celebrating daughter Sasha's graduation from high school.

The Obamas are reportedly staying at a luxurious 18th century farmhouse on Bathelasse island, near the Provencal city.

Barack, 57, his wife Michelle, 55, and their two daughters Sasha, 18, and Malia, 20, will relax at the palatial Le Mas des Poiriers, rented at 55,000 euros for the week, according to a report by Le Parisien.

The two former first daughters were seen out and about Saturday after jetting into the Provencal city on Friday.

Security detail from the Gard regional police as well as the US Secret Service will surround the residence as the former first family visit the area.

The property sits on 65 acres - providing seclusion and privacy for the Obamas during their stay.

Why the taxpayers should pay for this via the security guard details, as if the man can't afford any of his own after all the payoffs he's now collecting from speeches and book deals is rather a side issue.

The problem is that this comes as he's engaging in quite a few shenanigans on his own around Europe.

DCWhispers, a pretty reliable blog, reprinted an item stringing together all the Obama spottings around Europe with its leaders, all of whom are of the #NeverTrump ilk, calling it the activity of a "dictator in exile." Obama's met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. He's also met with French President Emmanuel Macron. Funny, he's now staying in Macron's country now... And all of this comes as Obama has become increasingly implicated in the activities to overthrow President Trump from Deep State, a trail that's now being investigated by the Justice Department. And it comes as revelations roll out about Obama's former Secretary of State, John Kerry, as well as other prominent Democrats, such as Sen. Dianne Feinstein, meet with America's enemies such as Iran on the sly, advising them to hold on until they can retake power.

The DCWhispers writer raises even more questions:

Why is a former president, any former president, conducting policy discussions that might have foreign policy implications with the leaders of foreign governments without first clearing his contacts with the currently seated administration?

That question is of even greater import in light of the diametrically opposed world views held by the current president and the former president.

Is Obama using his relationships with foreign leaders to continue pushing for the expansion of globalism, the shadow government’s foreign policy agenda?

If it's all true, this is indeed how many ex-dictators in exile act. And actually, it's never before been seen by former American presidents. It's clearly a kind of decadence borne of a lifestyle of an idle rich person -- using that idle time to plot a comeback. The south-of-France thang is a nice touch.

At a minimum, it's time to pull the plug on the taxpayer funding for the presidential lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous abroad. It's gone too far and now it's leading to trouble. Why should the Secret Service tag this guy at huge taxpayer expense wherever he goes? And why should he be allowed to use these resources to run a shadow government?

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...g.html#ixzz5r6mOxVwo

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24184 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care where he vacations, how much it costs, or that he has a SS detail (duh). The meeting with foreign leaders part if true is disturbing though.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The meeting with foreign leaders part if true is disturbing though.

Carter is a bitter old man. Bill and Hill are rapidly becoming irrelevant. Obama remains dangerous.
I have no doubt that he is attempting to undermine the foreign policy of our current government. Obama remains part of that globalist cabal that runs the EU.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24184 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Obama and to many of his former administration are doing exactly what they criticize President Trump's staff and family of doing. Hypocrites.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
At a minimum, it's time to pull the plug on the taxpayer funding for the presidential lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous abroad.

Non-issue, we expect the same for Bush where ever he travels.

The bigger issue is how 44 is being feted and holding an audience overseas, as if he's forming a royal court. I don't recall him forming any deep friendships (ala Reagan-QEII, Reagan-Mulroney) instead, those who come to him seem to be currying favor, seeking influence; there's no pictures of world leaders sharing some time horseback riding, boating, fishing, hiking, biking, golfing...all such images only have 44 framed in it. He can do as he pleases in his retirement however, the constant drumbeat of a deep state, subversive activities is not good.

Posts: 14697 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
For him money is no object. I wonder how much Iran payola he skimmed. Also, isn’t illegal or treasonous for someone to interfere with our govt policies?

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I don't care where he vacations, how much it costs, or that he has a SS detail (duh). The meeting with foreign leaders part if true is disturbing though.
I thought there was a law against that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Why foreign leaders love 'Bama?

. . . Obama, in his citizen-of-the-world conception of himself, thinks that the United States already has too much power and needs to be deflated. National Review, Thomas Sowell, April 2, 2014

https://www.nationalreview.com...notch-thomas-sowell/

I'm guessing France wants to see African riots in American cities. And 'Bama concurs, in the belief that will level global misery.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Maybe he’ll get botulism from some bad fish or something...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's popular in some segments of European society because he's "not Trump" and the jackasses in power in Europe are just touching base on the off chance that (1) they can help nudge the election in a given direction by showing their disapproval of Trump and (2) someone other than Trump wins the election.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
If he's in Avignon it's more likely he thinks he's a Pope.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3467 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Has he finished book he got paid millions for?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Is there an extradition agreement with France?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Maybe he’ll get botulism from some bad fish or something...
Or a accidentally dropped JDAM could land on their motel. I cannot describe how pleased I would be.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Putin envy........Stampy Feet has it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Former US president Barack Obama and his family arrived in Avignon in the south of France for a week's holiday just days after they were pictured celebrating daughter Sasha's graduation from high school.”

If memory serves, my family celebrated the end of the easiest part of my life by going to Ozzie’s Humble Inn and having a pizza.

Of course, my dad was just an exploration geologist for an oil company, not a cheese-dick, commie rat, former community organizer.

Posts: 26950 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
For him money is no object. I wonder how much Iran payola he skimmed. Also, isn’t illegal or treasonous for someone to interfere with our govt policies?

I think the Iranians gave him a cut, he didn't need to skim anything.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Obama has been dead to me for nearly 10 years. Now if he could be dead to the rest of the world, that would be great. Thank you. Oh and take Michelle with him. That is all.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
June 17, 2019
Dictator in exile, Medici edition: Is Obama secretly meeting with Italy's Renzi to get their stories straight?
By Monica Showalter

Former President Obama's weird careening around Europe is starting to have the look of a spygate rationale.

Following his earlier meetings, publicly known, with President Emmanuel Macron of France, and Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, he's now meeting secretly with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, in what might just be a bid for the two of them to get their stories straight. Italy, recall, is the nation that elected a Trump-like new government, following the deep state collaborations of the earlier government, and the new government has fired four Italian intelligence officials, apparently over a spygate bid to pin Russian collusion charges, falsely, on President Trump via planted emails, in a Machiavellian bid to get him thrown out of office.

That's the suggestion from Joe Hoft over at GatewayPundit, which has a long and involved piece about the former president's latest travels, citing quite a few open sources. He begins:

As reported on May 25th==>>

Earlier this month Italian Prime Minister Conte asked for the resignations of four top intelligence officials after his call with President Donald Trump.

And now another Internet Sleuth has uncovered some shocking news related to the recent removal of these top Italian intelligence ministers from their positions as top spies in the government.

Spygate figure George Papadopoulos, the low level Trump aide who was targeted in the Mueller dragnet as well as in FBI surveillance, seems to think this might be what's going on. He tweeted:

George Papadopoulos:

Two weeks after I exposed Italy’s role in spygate, Obama is heading to Italy today to meet with the former Italian prime minister who weaponized his intel assets against us. Keep focused, America. The real headlines are now coming out.

The report is long and involved and well-supported with primary documents from a variety of sources. What it looks like here is Obama scrambling to get his story straight with the Italians one step ahead of the lawmen seeking to uncover the origins of the entire spygate fiasco. He's met with Merkel. He's met with Macron. He's keeping close to the luxury palace pad in the south of France. And he's sure as heck not saying anything, just secretly meeting with the spygate partners in Europe, looking less Louis XIV and more like a Medici prince.

This looks like one worth watching for it's outcome. Read the whole thing here.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-to-spygate-scandal/

https://www.americanthinker.co...tories_straight.html

-rduckwor

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Globalists hang out with globalists and I don’t see how anyone can do anything about it.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post