SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is unreal: Underground water pipe bursts in Ukraine street
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is unreal: Underground water pipe bursts in Ukraine street Login/Join 
posted
KIEV, Ukraine - A surveillance camera captured an underground water pipe exploding Tuesday in the middle of a street in Kiev, Ukraine.

The video from ABC News shows the street bubbling up all of a sudden and bursting. Another view from the surveillance cameras shows water rushing down the street.

The explosion damaged cars and buildings nearby, but luckily no one was hurt.

It’s not clear what caused the pipe to burst.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/loc...ine-street/528027721

Posts: 10062 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That was a lot of pressure!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38299 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hope the woman who was walking right close by was not seriously hurt.

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a sewer burst.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
That'll buff right out.

Or not.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8367 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
That woman walking down the street is probably still running. WOW!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
How the hell does it build that much pressure? I've seen/been part of more than one water pipe bursting in my earlier life working in underground boring. While the effects and results were devastating I've never seen that kind of pressure released so suddenly.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Quoting Al Bundy -- "Ba-whooosh!"

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
How about the guy that comes out of the building at 00:17 and just calmly looks around.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is Burt Gummer when you need him?!
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/qFNBUs7O-h4 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My favorite. Check out the size of the cover that goes flying!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Careful washing your hands in the sink - you might lose a finger.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I tried to find a news article on it but could not, but back in the early 2000's in Dallas we had a water main break when they were boring underground, the bit punched through and cause a river in downtown, it even flooded a parking garage and cars were floating around in it.
Cool thing was that they discovered an old abandoned rail or subway line in the cleanup.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3666 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Hope the woman who was walking right close by was not seriously hurt.

Can you say "deaf"?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14174 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It may have not been so much the pressure, but rather, the volume. The street could only hold back so much force and when it let go, BANG.

A 3' water main may only be moving product at 80# but the volume of water moved is a different story.

quantity = velocity x area

Q = liquid flow through a pipe. V = average velocity of the flow. A = cross-sectional area of the pipe.

http://www.industrial-electron...flow-technology.html

Eastern Euro club trance music ... nothing like it. Have they got a name for that genre?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Water always wins.

Posts: 3679 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Water always wins.

Much like gravity

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38299 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
My favorite.

Unlike most of those drivers, I believe I would have been driving slower or even stopped if I had seen something like that ahead of me.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Water always wins.

Cool One of the best.

Posts: 559 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
That was a lot of pressure!

That's what I was thinking. I know a lot of people would kill for that kind of water pressure to service their neighborhood.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post