SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about an app I can use to record interviews
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about an app I can use to record interviews Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Quick question for the hive. I am wondering what app would be best for easily recording interviews that are made over a smart phone.

Audio and video recording would be ideal but audio only would also work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21117 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I phone or Android

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“Stay safe and stay legal.”
~ Bosnian Bill

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Iphone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21117 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s for preserving a pretty damn neat life story/career and of course the person I intend to interview is 100% onboard with the idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I have 'Audiom' on my iPhone.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
The iPhone video camera will work fine. If it is an 11 or better especially, the video quality is quite good. Good enough for typical news gathering. Lighting is the bigger issue.

I would, though, absolutely say you need to use a microphone other than the built in mic. We’ve used these extensively in content creation for social media. They work well and are easy:

Movo LV1-DI High Fidelity Digital Lavalier Omnidirectional Clip on Microphone for iPhone with MFi Certified Lightning Connector Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod, iOS Smartphones and Tablets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K...24X8FQP3VHB1XCFX8V73

If you want tips on lighting, which will be the single biggest and most noticeable improvement you can make, (assuming you’re going to record indoors) let me know.

Posts: 6372 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It’s for preserving a pretty damn neat life story/career and of course the person I intend to interview is 100% onboard with the idea.

If I t’s important, then you should probably get an external microphone and preamp as someone else suggested (ex-recording engineer).

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Rev an awful lot. What’s really nice about Rev is that you have the option to have your conversation/interview transcribed in about two hours and it’s been less than $20 each time that I’ve use it. You can also have Rev automatically give a notice that the call is being recorded, and I think it’s a fairly ethical platform to work with.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post