SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    12 F-15 and 12 F-35 Jets depart RAF Lakenheath 07 August 2023
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 F-15 and 12 F-35 Jets depart RAF Lakenheath 07 August 2023 Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Courtesy of YTer Liveth For Evermore.

Check his military history channel out.

'Merica!!!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this.

Having worked in a USMC Helicopter Squadron, I know that the maintenance crews are going to be very busy when those aircraft return.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 186 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of watching MITOs at Griffiss.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Cool!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I have a serious hearing impairment is I was often in close proximity to starter cartridge B52 starts and MITOs
Totally worth it and I would love to do it again!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When were you at griff?
I was there 86 to 89. SPS

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
87-90. I was one of the Army guys stationed there. 10th Aviation. I was a medic and mostly worked at the hospital ER.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The F-15 has been in service for 47 years and is still such a menacing platform.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Reminds me of watching MITOs at Griffiss.

Love the smoke! I grew up south of Syracuse and was in the 174TFW, NY ANG 1980-86. I went to Griffiss often to - cough, cough - shop at the BX. Sure, I did some shopping, but first I'd drive the scenic perimeter road by the SAC alert area and weapons storage area. IIRC, there were picnic tables real close to where you filmed the takeoffs.

I was just there a month ago, the SAC alert area is now a huge Family Dollar warehouse. F-106 ADC alert barns are also gone, replaced by general aviation t-hangars.

Posts: 16019 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
That wasn't me doing the filming. Could have been, though, as we watched them from there. Those guys were heading south. I remember once when they took off to the north. I was living up by Delta Lake then and the whole house was shaking. It was pretty amazing.

Last time I drove through there would have been '08 I think. It sure has changed, but driving around there sure did bring back a lot of memories. They did still have the static B52 out by the Chestnut gate then.