SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dad in Ecuador changes gender indentity in desperate bid to win custody of children
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dad in Ecuador changes gender indentity in desperate bid to win custody of children Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
You got to admire his creativity.

On a side note:
If you can identify as a cat, what's to stop someone from identifying as a 67-yr old so they can get retirement & Social Security benefits early.

quote:

Dad in Ecuador legally changes gender identity in desperate bid to win custody of children

A dad in Ecuador who is dealing with an acrimonious split from his wife legally changed his gender identity to help him win custody of his two daughters.

"Being a father in this country, Ecuador, is punished and I’m only seen as a provider," René Salinas Ramos, 47, told local outlet La Voz del Tomebamba, according to the New York Post. "What I have been looking for is to give the love and protection that a mother can give her children."

Salinas Ramos’ official ID card now lists him as "FEMENINO," despite the dad still seeing himself as a cisgender male. Ecuador passed a law in 2015 that allows people to legally change their gender on government-issued documents.

"The laws say that the one who has the right is the woman. As of this moment, I am female. Now I’m also a mom, that’s how I consider myself," Ramos told local media on Dec. 30. "I am very sure of my sexuality. What I have sought is that I want to be a mother, so that I can also give the love and protection of a mother."

Salinas Ramos claimed his two daughters were living in an abusive environment in their mother’s home and that he had not seen them over a five-month period of time. The custody battle is still ongoing.

"Until this matter is resolved, [the children] have to stay with their mother," Salinas Ramos told the media, according to the New York Post. "The law is taking away our right to be parents. [Changing my official documents] is a proof of love."

Salinas Ramos is reportedly the first man in Ecuador to use gender laws to gain the upper hand in a custody battle, and news of the gender change has set off criticism from transgender activists in the South American country.

"This man’s private matter, to obtain custody of his daughters, isn’t the spirit of the law," Diane Rodríguez, a prominent trans activist in the country, told Vice World News.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dad...win-custody-children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgRw2uixBpw

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Having your nuts cut off is too high a price to raise children. Better off hiring a lawyer who would slip the judge an envelope of cash.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
Father’s rights are no better in many states in the U.S. either. I can identify with his perception of being treated as a check book more than a parent. It’s sad.

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
He's gaming the system, and I don't blame him. If you're going to argue that gender is fluid and a social construct, then why shouldn't he & others take advantage of it?

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Having your nuts cut off is too high a price to raise children.
It only said he filed the appropriate paperwork to change his gender. No mention of any surgeries.

Since it's pissing off a trans activist (last sentence in article), it decreases the likelihood that surgeries occurred.

As Iron Chef said, "He's gaming the system"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23304 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Good for him. At this point, any chance people have to completely upend this stupidity and benefit from it should be indulged in. The insane half of the human race shouldn’t be the only ones.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Even in this country you don’t need to hack off your nuts to change genders. You just need to identify as something.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12445 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If it’s OK for athletes like this Penn swimmer dude “Lia” to game the system, why can’t this father do the same.

I like the article that said “trans groups are concerned”. Oh are you now? YOU created all this mess Roll Eyes

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post