SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Humpday Joke - Golf Ethics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humpday Joke - Golf Ethics Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
What if you were playing in the club championship tournament finals and the match was halved at the end of 17 holes. You had the honor and hit your ball a modest two hundred fifty yards to the middle of the fairway, leaving a simple six iron to the pin.

Your opponent then hits his ball, sending it deep into the woods to the right of the fairway. Being the golfing gentleman that you are, you help your opponent look for his ball. Just before the permitted five minute search period ends, your opponent says: "Go ahead and hit your second shot and if I don't find it in time, I'll concede the match."

You hit your ball, landing it on the green, stopping about ten feet from the pin. About the time your ball comes to rest, you hear your opponent exclaim from deep in the woods: "I found it!". The second sound you hear is a whack, the sound of a club striking a ball and the ball comes sailing out of the woods and lands on the green, stopping no more than six inches from the hole.

Now here is the ethical dilemma:
Do you pull the cheating bastard’s ball out of your pocket and confront him with it or do you keep your mouth shut?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
You've been watching Goldfinger again, haven't you?

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Good one!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Good one. Funny story. I was golfing at Maidstone Golf Course in a fund raising outing. One of the other golfers hit up onto a somewhat blind par three. He couldn't find his ball but after a few minutes he claimed to have located it behind the green and hit up. When they went to putt they found the real ball in the cup. He hit a hole in one but instead of looking in the hole and getting to celebrate it, he cheated and dropped a ball behind the green. The group he was playing with asked him to walk off of the course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:

Ha ha! My first thought was Bond standing on that ball, too.

"You play a Slazenger 1. This is a Slazenger 7. You must have played the wrong ball on 18."

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:

Ha ha! My first thought was Bond standing on that ball, too.

"You play a Slazenger 1. This is a Slazenger 7. You must have played the wrong ball on 18."

And now you know why statues are headless....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Hey, at least with all this gender fluidity crap these days, nobody can call you out for using the red tees.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Good one!

...one small correction: a match in match-play that is even and still underway is "all square." A match that "was halved" is a match that has concluded, with no player having an advantage.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post