SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michiganders - Local Brewery Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michiganders - Local Brewery Question Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Is Frankenmuth and/or Geyers beer still available?

That was premium stuff in the 60's.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I've been craving Frankenmuth Dark for the last two months. But I drank that in the early 90s. From what I remember, the brewery was badly damaged in the mid 90s, and the owner wanted cash in on the late 90s micro-brewery craze and open a restaurant to expand ops when he rebuilt. Obviously certain interests in Frankenmuth didn't want that to happen across the river from their restaurants. I did check and there is a micro-brew there now. But now idea how to get their beer outside of SE Michigan.

Edit: The site the old brewery was on has been repurposed. But someone is carrying on the name:
https://frankenmuthbrewery.com/our-beer/

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, I remember Frankenmuth Dark, quite tasty. Another beer I'd like to find from S. MI is Bell's Best Brown Ale. Bell generally fields very drinkable beers, but their Brown Ale is not widely distributed any more, their Tavern Ale is a pale shadow ot the real thing, but much easier to find.

Posts: 6499 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post