SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New York State inheritance gun laws for out-of-state residents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York State inheritance gun laws for out-of-state residents Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 15 days starts on the day of passing.

This could cause all kinds of problems with estates, if an executor isn't named, there isn't anyone who could legally do that, just because you are named in the will doesn't make you the appointed executor. Someone could contest the will, paperwork could be incorrect, judge might be on vacation for a week.

Seems odd that NYS would allow anyone, possibly without a permit to ship a firearm in or out of state that isn't in their name.

However the 15 day rule is clear, after that, the executor is in violation of NYS law and in illegal possession of a firearm.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you don’t mind me asking, whereabouts in NYS?

Buffalo

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post