SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tire Rack Experiences?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tire Rack Experiences? Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Only used them once. Worked out well.

My local smallish chain tire shop didn't have what I needed. The guy pulled a Tire Rack catalog out from the behind counter and told me to take it home and said if I find what I wanted get it shipped to their store. They were a certified partner / installer. Would do again if needed.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Fdan, what are you looking for?

Have a 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera w/ 18" wheels. I use Michelin Pilot Super Sports and can get them locally at competitive prices but am having trouble getting aftermarket wheels that fit the sizes and offsets needed for my car. Tire rack has OZ wheels I really like and that work but I haven't found other brands that I like. Also can't find other local shops that carry OZ. That's why I'm looking at Tire rack. Any suggestions?

And thanks to everyone for your responses!!

Posts: 1988 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fdan:
quote:

Have a 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera w/ 18" wheels. I use Michelin Pilot Super Sports and can get them locally at competitive prices but am having trouble getting aftermarket wheels that fit the sizes and offsets needed for my car. Tire rack has OZ wheels I really like and that work but I haven't found other brands that I like. Also can't find other local shops that carry OZ. That's why I'm looking at Tire rack. Any suggestions?

Give Eric at Supreme Power in Fullerton a call

https://www.supremepower.com/

Be sure to ask for Eric; he's the owner and is intimately familiar with Porsche requirements; I think he buying one of the new GT2 RS !

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I have bought 2 sets of Mounted winter tires.. It is much cheaper than getting tires changed over. Both sets were great. The last time I bought a set of Michelin tires. .and a few weeks after i bought them they came out with a Rebate...I called Tire Rck and they gave me a $70 gift card fore tire rack to make up for it.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9075 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cmr076:

QUOTE]

Give Eric at Supreme Power in Fullerton a call

Thank you for the contact - I will do that! Smile

https://www.supremepower.com/

Be sure to ask for Eric; he's the owner and is intimately familiar with Porsche requirements; I think he buying one of the new GT2 RS !

Posts: 1988 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

do you have PCCB's? (carbon ceramic brakes?) that makes wheel selection a little more challenging. Im assuming you're looking at superlegerras? For the price you really can't beat them, especially for a wheel that has that kind of racing pedigree. Let me know exactly what you're looking for (wheel model and finish, and tire size) and I'll tell you what my price through TR wholesale is.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
do you have PCCB's? (carbon ceramic brakes?) that makes wheel selection a little more challenging. Im assuming you're looking at superlegerras? For the price you really can't beat them, especially for a wheel that has that kind of racing pedigree. Let me know exactly what you're looking for (wheel model and finish, and tire size) and I'll tell you what my price through TR wholesale is.[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: FIRST - THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE. No carbon brakes. Looking at OZ Alleggerita HLTs, also considering Ultraleggaras, maybe Superlegarras. Will certainly consider other brands with a "similar look."

18X8, 57 offset, matte black fronts; 18X10, 60 offset, matte black rears (I understand offsets can be a bit different but I don't know by how much before issues would surface). Also want new high-end TPM sensors and Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40X18 fronts 265/40X18 rears. All mounted and balanced and ready to install.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
If you're buying wheels, TPMS, and tires, big savings. They will ship them to you mounted and balanced, saving the cost of having a shop do them.
I did it and was very happy.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
RESPONSE: FIRST - THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE. No carbon brakes. Looking at OZ Alleggerita HLTs, also considering Ultraleggaras, maybe Superlegarras. Will certainly consider other brands with a "similar look."

18X8, 57 offset, matte black fronts; 18X10, 60 offset, matte black rears (I understand offsets can be a bit different but I don't know by how much before issues would surface). Also want new high-end TPM sensors and Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40X18 fronts 265/40X18 rears. All mounted and balanced and ready to install.

Here is what I pay for that setup from Tire Rack.

I dont know why it's so small, my price was a tad over $2500 before shipping. $2513.96

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
quote:

I dont know why it's so small, my price was a tad over $2500 before shipping. $2513.96

As a retail customer, my price shows $3047 delivered to Southern California. Are your prices as a retail customer or a dealer/shop?

posted Hide Post
Tire Rack is great but Discount Tire Direct is beating them on prices from what Ive been looking at recently.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tire rack has OZ wheels I really like and that work but I haven't found other brands that I like. Also can't find other local shops that carry OZ. That's why I'm looking at Tire rack.

I bought my OZ wheels with Michelin tires at Tire Rack. The tires arrived mounted, tire pressure sensors installed, balanced and pressurized to specs with front and back marked. I doubt any local dealer can beat Tire Rack's prices if you live in a state where you can avoid paying sales tax. (And California seems to be one of those states: https://www.tirerack.com/conte...ustomer_support.html)

It seems that I did pay $210 in shipping for the mounted wheels, but that is still less than what the sales tax would have been on my $3,000 purchase at Tire Rack. And that shipping charge was from Indiana. Now that Tire Rack has a location in Nevada, the UPS shipping charge should(?) be less for both you and me.

quote:
Any suggestions?

Based upon quality of work and price, the availability of OZ wheels, and your location, Tire Rack. Smile

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great service for me. Also twice.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As a retail customer, my price shows $3047 delivered to Southern California. Are your prices as a retail customer or a dealer/shop?

that's my wholesale price. I'm pretty sure I could just drop ship them to you though

├┼┼╕
246R