SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    parking is such a challenge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

parking is such a challenge Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9873 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Serves that asshole right

Posts: 27159 | Location: Murphyville Tx | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dumbass couldn't even get it inside of four spaces.

Sweet.

Posts: 1361 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
CARma! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I went to the Post Office around Christmas. The place was busy and the parking lot was full.

The only parking place was next to a Corvette that was taking two slots.

I carefully pulled my beater in, maybe two or three inches from the driver side door of the Corvette and went inside to wait on line. I waited a long time.

When I finally got back outside there were two guys, one in the passenger seat of the Corvette, reaching over to the steering wheel, the other pushing it back.

I got into my beater, started the engine, and backed out (without scraping anything) while the Corvette guys were screaming at me.

They followed me out of the parking lot. They followed me at every turn I made. They followed me right to a parked police car at a gas station, where I told the officer that they were stalking me.

The last time I saw them, in my rearview mirror, they were having a conversation with the nice policeman. Actually, they seemed to be listening a lot more than they were speaking.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31374 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I agree that no one should ever park like that, no matter how high class he thinks his car is.

But ... There do seem to be a lot of empty spaces around. ...

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wonder what the full story is.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Although the person who parked this car may be an ass I do not think damaging some ones property is the right thing to do. Parking like an ass is not a crime however damaging someones property is.
I am not sure what the proper response would be.
I like how V-TAIL handled the case he saw.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
I am not sure what the proper response would be?

Park cars an inch in front and an inch behind them.

Then leave them for a few days.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I am guilty like V-Tail of parking too close to another vehicle. Going back to the mid 1980's I worked with a guy that thought taking a bite out of a sandwich in your lunch box or eating the entire sandwich was very funny. This is how I got back, He has the red truck, I'm checking the oil on the white truck. He was supposed to clock in 1/2 hour earlier than I, but couldn't because he couldn't get into his truck. I also park a truck on his other side. This was approved and helped me get so close with the aide of our dispatcher.

[image] [/image]

Living the Dream

Posts: 4032 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I'm logical about this kind of stuff.

I ask this, and you should ask the same. What was the parking situation when that car - parked all stupid - first arrived in the lot? Does not have to be specific to the OP, as we've seen these photos dozens of times on the Internet.

Let's say you pull up to a space and are forced into taking 3/4 of one space and 1/4 of another space because that is what's available. The then cars to the left and right leave while your off doing your thing.

Then someone posts a picture of your car and license plate to every social media account they have calling you an asshole who can't seem to figure out how to park a car.

In years past, people had a shitload of stuff to worry about. Stuff that truly kept them up at night. The Great Depression and Dust Bowl through the 30s. World War II in the early 40s. The Cold War and nuclear war concerns for a few decades.

Now we make great waves throughout the Internet about how someone has parked their car...

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
I ask this, and you should ask the same. What was the parking situation when that car - parked all stupid - first arrived in the lot? Does not have to be specific to the OP, as we've seen these photos dozens of times on the Internet.

I keep this in mind if someone is partway in one spot but mostly in another. But there's no logical reason why the person in the OP's photo would be parked that way.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
for a C-class?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10570 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
for a C-class?

Ha! That's what I was thinking...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
She was betting on all 4 squares - like in Roulette

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4274 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
for a C-class?

Ha! That's what I was thinking...

If it had been my C-Class, it would be there because that's where some electrical malady or another declared it would be.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9365 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
AMG C63 is a $70K car, not all are base sedans,

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to long ago I had a field trip. The team wanted to stop to eat. We get to said restaurant and being a 40' bus I have to be mindful of where I park.

You know the damn thing just don't fit into one spot, I also have to be mindful of egress. So we pull up and on the side of the restaurant is an empty parking lot, even better is a door.

I unloaded and pumped the breaks down and go inside to use the bathroom and eat.

I get done and go out to my bus to prepare to load the team and get underway. To find some Fucking stupid asshole parked just off my front bumper.

Besides this month breathing, retarded Fucking stupid asshole and my bus the parking lot was still empty.

This Fucking stupid mouth breathing retarded asshole could have parked in front of the restaurant, or in the same side lot right next to the door, but nooooooo. Asshole parks just inches off my front bumper.

Now, make an excuse for that Asshole. I would love to hear it. I'm parked out of the way, in an empty parking lot, and some jackass blocks the bus in.

People like in the OP do that shit all the time because they think that they are special. They know that no one is going to knock their teeth out because of their assholeness. So fuck him/her and their little red Benz.

ARman

Posts: 3212 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
AMG C63 is a $70K car, not all are base sedans,

Looks like a run-of-the-mill C-Class to me, not an AMG.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9365 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
Dumbass couldn't even get it inside of four spaces.

Sweet.

He took up five spaces. Impressive.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post