SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am the Disease Carrying Vermin this Week and it Sucks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am the Disease Carrying Vermin this Week and it Sucks Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Flew from San Diego to meet with two vendors this week. One in Wisconsin and the other in Northern California and guess who came down with the sore throat, runny nose, and coughing AND, who's positional presence is required (ie, while I could have swapped out with another person, that boat has sailed and I need to be here).

This sucks, no one want to be next to me. Or in the car for the 70 mile drive from Madison, WI.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14174 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Happened to me in October, Flew out to Tuscon for a few days of riding motorcycles, came home to a severe case of bronchitis, uncontrollable coughing, all over crappy feeling.

Airplanes are petri dishes of illnesses...

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Happened to me in October, Flew out to Tuscon for a few days of riding motorcycles, came home to a severe case of bronchitis, uncontrollable coughing, all over crappy feeling.

Airplanes are petri dishes of illnesses...

Pretty sure that's where I caught it, on the leg to DFW.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14174 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's weird. I worked with sick inmates for 35 years without illness, but one flight these days and I get the creeping crud too. (Not to mention pat-searches and underwear checks.)

Posts: 17267 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Same symptoms..wife and I are into our 7th week with it. Been to Doctor twice. Cough from hell that wont stop.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1443 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Same here. Infected. Diseased. And I'll be lucky to take Christmas Day off, let alone any other days.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's weird. I worked with sick inmates for 35 years without illness, but one flight these days and I get the creeping crud too. (Not to mention pat-searches and underwear checks.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Worse than planes are preschool kids. Mobile germ machines. Very efficient at spreading all manner of bodily fluids in your direction. Kindergarten teachers are sick most of their first year of teaching as are Pediatric residents.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Now the best part, a paranoid hypochondriac was sitting behind me and three or four seats over in the terminal waiting to board leg two from Chicago to Phoenix. She heard me sneeze once and in a louder voice asks if I am sick. "Yup, American Airlines was kind enough to infect me two days ago."

She moved, literally, to the other side of the seating area.

Guess who was sitting in front of me during the flight? Smile

In all fairness though, I was really trying to go above and beyond when I coughed and sneezed but damn if she didn't try a few times.to be allowed to move into first class because of me (back of the metal tube was not acceptable BTW).

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

but damn if she didn't try a few times.to be allowed to move into first class because of me (back of the metal tube was not acceptable BTW).

She just wanted a freebee. There is a solution she could use long term. Pay the extra out of her own pocket.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Just finished antibiotics and steroids and still feel like shit. I'm sleeping 10-12 hours per night and still have no energy.

If I talk, I cough up a lung.

Fuck, this is awful.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could take 50,000 IUs of Vitamin C each day for three days, that would help a lot. After three days, go to 5,000 IUs or none.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That damn flu hit me late last spring. My flu shot was 6 months old so it didn't help me. Fever, coughing and feeling over all crappy.

You guys take care of yourselves.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

The rest of us in San Diego appreciate you're leaving town so not to get any of us sick! Phoenix is lovey this time of year, and we took a vote ~ Can you please stay in Phoenix for a few extra weeks and not return until you have a doctor's note that you are healthy again?
Wink

Hopefully you have appropriate business attire Winter gear and didn't dress like Elmer Fudd while in Wisconsin. You might be sick, but you still represent all of us from SoCal on these trips!
Big Grin

Posts: 2869 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

The rest of us in San Diego appreciate you're leaving town so not to get any of us sick! Phoenix is lovey this time of year, and we took a vote ~ Can you please stay in Phoenix for a few extra weeks and not return until you have a doctor's note that you are healthy again?
Wink

Hopefully you have appropriate business attire Winter gear and didn't dress like Elmer Fudd while in Wisconsin. You might be sick, but you still represent all of us from SoCal on these trips!
Big Grin

Oh I was definitely the warmest of my team (I hunt deer in Oklahoma). I have an oversized Eddie Bauer parka along with the camouflaged ear covering, mittens and proper LL Bean boots to keep the feet warm. I fit in with the locals. Big Grin

Will be back in San Diego later this afternoon. Big Grin