Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enhanced CHCL Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted
My wife and I spent last Sunday in the class to obtain our enhanced certification. Very good information and range time. Gives us the ability to carry in a lot more places.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Ok

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
My wife and I spent last Sunday in the class to obtain our enhanced certification. Very good information and range time. Gives us the ability to carry in a lot more places.

Let me see if I'm interpreting this right. There's certification, and then there's enhanced certification? Enhanced certification is something like more privilege that lets you carry in more places? If true, then the system is plain absurd, imo.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Agreed.

I will always support and encourage folks to seek better training and understanding with regard to firearms, but "divisions" as such, are defacto "infringements".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43902 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears so

Found this

Arkansas' 'Enhanced Concealed Carry' Allows Guns In Churches, Bars, State Capitol. To get the new permit, applicants have to pass a live-fire exam and take a course that covers what to do in an active shooting. That's on top of the five hours of training required for a basic concealed-carry permit in Arkansas.

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Glad that you went out of your way to make sure you can carry in more places where you live.

Sorry that your area has such restrictions that many of us feel are silly, but I get it. Here in TX there are places we can’t carry that I feel you should be able to. There were restrictions when I lived in NC.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Mississippi also has enhanced carry.
Takes the "you broke a gun law" out of the equation. Just trespassing if you refuse to leave. (If found out)
Carry past signs and anywhere but an active court room.
Here in NC you break a gun law and lose your chp.
Almost Everywhere is no guns allowed.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post